header bolts

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
Hi guys took my headers out of the box today to get ready to install then Sunday and opps someone put the wrong size bolts in the bag there to big thread size.off hand does anyone know what size our SB needs.I will likly have to order new ones.thanks.:cheers: where is quality controll now a days?

You can just call summit/jegs for what you need and spec them in stainless steel, black oxide or what ever.
(Go stainless for a few bucks more and with ARP bolts which has a reduced size heads for easier wrench turning and less curseing.)

5/16 coarse Put sealer on all the end studs. If you don't have studs, install them; even Ace Hardware has them.

This is weird! When I started to put my new Doug's headers on I discovered the same issue - bolts too big. I bought mine through Pertronix so I sent them an e-mail to see if they will make it right.

I just did mine 2 weeks ago. Had the right size bolts but wanted stainless.
Summit has them, also have some nice stainless studs to put in the ends.

Just got headers the other day too and guess what the wrong size header bolts and gaskets were wrong they said the vender is sending them directly to me. the correct ones will see i had to use the old ones for now

I got tired of waiting so I bought some ARP ones from Summit. I had them in two days! Then of course I got the Pertronix-Doug's ones the next day. I'll use them on the other car I guess...

-
Back