Header help.

-

mopardrt

Reaction score
Ok so, I did some searching on here, but nothing stood out that helped me much. I have a 1974 swinger with a 360 P/S and P/B I want a set of long tube headers that will not hit the idler arm and that will clear the P/S and will not scrape the ground. I also would like to stay under 500.00$ People keep throwing around 4 names, Hookers, Dougs, TTIs and Hedman. But there is never any part numbers to look up. Any help would be appreciated.

These are the only two with part numbers I have seen,

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/dou-d453-r/overview/

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/hok-5901-1hkr/overview/

Hedman 78056 for about 575 that are aluminized
Hedman 78050 for about 250 that are uncoated

They clear almost everything, but mine just touched the corner of the front steering box mount bolt.
Grinding about an eighth inch off the corner of the bolt cleared it just fine.
Didn't need a 90 adapter for the oil filter either.

73 Swinger 318/904 with PS and PB.
Spool mounts new, as well as trans mount.

I have a floor shift, but the directions said one would have to modify the column automatic linkage.
It did show exactly how and where though.

You can downoad the directions from Hedman in advance if you want to chk it out first.

Hedman 78056 for about 575 that are aluminized
Hedman 78050 for about 250 that are uncoated

They clear almost everything, but mine just touched the corner of the front steering box mount bolt.
Grinding about an eighth inch off the corner of the bolt cleared it just fine.
Didn't need a 90 adapter for the oil filter either.

73 Swinger 318/904 with PS and PB.
Spool mounts new, as well as trans mount.

I have a floor shift, but the directions said one would have to modify the column automatic linkage.
It did show exactly how and where though.

You can downoad the directions from Hedman in advance if you want to chk it out first.

Thanks trail beast, I forgot you have thrown some part numbers out to me Thanks again.

the headman and the hooker both go under steering linkage on drivers side...sounds like the doug's is the way to go then

go with the coated(inside and out) tti and never look back.best header period.

-
Back