1. GO DART

GO DART Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:24 AM
    i'll be replacing headers on a 70 dart 340 w/ auto trans soon. looks like it won't be easy, so i was wondering who makes the best fitting set. also if anyone could tell me what to lookout for during the install i would appreaciate it. don

2. Keith Mopar

Keith Mopar Mopar Nut

Local Time:
    7:24 AM
    Well, I personally like the TTI headers, they don't have any tubes that run under the steering linkage. I have their complete exhaust on my 340 71 Demon. I laid them in before I put the motor in. The biggest problem is the cost, they're not cheap!

3. OUTLAW

OUTLAW Master of All Mopars

Local Time:
    he TTI are probably the best from what everyone says ( I dont know cuz I run hedman) So I would say Heddmans are the 2nd best (still a tight fit tho) best help I can offer to get the car as high as possible then go higher. also it sure would help to have a second pair of hands help you too

4. duster340

duster340 street racer

Local Time:
    2:24 PM
    yeah the TTI are the absolutely best headers, had flowtech and they where ok to but you have to lift your engine to put them in that goes for all of them have your car as high as possible on jackstands and an engine lift to lift the engine a litle and an extra set of hands never hurts:)

5. GO DART

GO DART Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    gulp. i know this is going to be dicey. the removel with a sawsall sounds good. i'm toast if i have to loosen the motor if its more than a mount. if the tti's fit without tearing the motor out then i don't care what they cost, other wise i'm hiring it done and will spend the $ on labor instead of headers. i'll still have to pay for the final piping. if someones done this to a 70 dart can a basic novice do it? thanks don

6. AdamR

AdamR Big Member

Local Time:
    9:24 AM
    No matter what headers you buy you'll need to raise the motor up a bit. The TTIs are the best fitting headers out.

7. duster340

duster340 street racer

Local Time:
    2:24 PM
    my flowteach headers where possible to put in by just losening one engine mount at the time and using a big block of wood under the oilpan qently tilt the engine over some with a floor jack, dont know if its possible to do it with the tti headers used my enginelift when i put those in...

8. HawaiiDuster

HawaiiDuster Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:24 AM
    The easiest install would be the TTI's, but definately not the cheapest.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.