header question

-

spikekid999

MOPAR OR NO CAR!!!
Reaction score
been looking for header for a slant, and from what i can tell no one makes shorty headers for the slants.

my question is, how close are the jeep 4.0 headers to a slant? i know the mounting flange is WAY different, but does anyone know how close the ports are between the two?

thinking maybe buy a set of slant flanges off ebay, buy a 4.0 header and cut the flange off, then modify the inlet tubes to fit the slants ports

The only one with shorties is Clifford. IF you are lucky he will have them in stock. He can only order minimum 25 sets at a time and waits till he has enough orders for the manufacturer to tool up. I have heard storys good and bad.
The jeep thing may be alot of work and have issues with starter location and other interference problems.You may end up with expensive mass of unuseable pipes. IF you have a local exhaust shop that bends their own they may be able to use the ebay flanges and bend and weld you a custom set.Either way it won't be cheap.The last quote I heard about was $2000 for a set of long tube merge collector full race headers for a slant .. GULP!

I've seen you bring this up on another post,and for whatever reason you refuse to believe anyone. Clifford's are a shorty header. You will not find a shorter header for the /.

I've seen pics of the cliffords installed in cars, and IMO they stick out too far for what im trying to do. looks like ill have to fab up my own set

The engine is gonna go in that 46 pickup, and a v8 is very tight, and looking at the Cliffords installed in a-bodies I think they'll be real close to the frame, plus I want something that sits closer to the engine for a cleaner look since its gonna be a show truck

The 4.0 header was just an idea to see if sometimes done it or if it was possible

Buy the flanges on ebay and bend some pipe or use 2 Dutra's minus the turbo. It's in your budget

Attachments

• turbo-dual-side.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 435
  • o-n-duals.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 324
The engine is gonna go in that 46 pickup, and a v8 is very tight, and looking at the Cliffords installed in a-bodies I think they'll be real close to the frame, plus I want something that sits closer to the engine for a cleaner look since its gonna be a show truck

The 4.0 header was just an idea to see if sometimes done it or if it was possible

i thought you put a dakota frame under it?

I did but gonna narrow it or build my own frame so I can get wider tires under the front. With the reverse 13s they stick out to far to tuck under the fenders

here is our 46 on stock frame with mid 70's F body transverse T bar front end...

its out for upholstery as we speak so I cant get any other pics for a couple weeks...

Attachments

• DSCN2665.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 324
  • DSCN2664.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 312
  • DSCN1523.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 333
  • DSCN1460.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 322
  • DSCN1930(smaller).jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 314
My problem is the track width of the Dakota frame is irs to wide to fit the wheels under the fenders that I'm using,
How much? Not sure yet as I have to bolt the nose and fenders together and do some real measuring
and I'm stickimg with the ifs of the Dakota frame as its a PITA to put hydraulics in something with transferse torsion bars, plus the k-frame ain't as clean of a design as the ifs

My problem is the track width of the Dakota frame is irs to wide to fit the wheels under the fenders that I'm using,
How much? Not sure yet as I have to bolt the nose and fenders together and do some real measuring
and I'm stickimg with the ifs of the Dakota frame as its a PITA to put hydraulics in something with transferse torsion bars, plus the k-frame ain't as clean of a design as the ifs

you really need to install the engine and then install the nose with radiator support. we really had a hard time getting a radiator big enough in the stock radiator support and have enough room for the fan.

the rest is just fufu if you cant fit the engine and cooling in it...

I got a known good 50 chev truck radiator.
Im 99% sure I can make the slanty fit in there without issues.
whenever I get back home im gonna end up tearing it all down to just a rolling frame, pull the front coils out and see how the frame sits and see what mods I gotta start with there to re-work the frame

Here are 2 versions of some Aussie ones.
The blue ones are Pacemaker, and the other ones are Genies.
The Genies don't allow for fittment of multiple carbys, but the Pacemakers do.
I think the Aussie headers that I have shown here may ( more than likely ) will interfere with the steering.
The car thats in the pics is an Aussie built 62 Valiant....it still ran the US K frame.....it still has the steering box mount on it.

Attachments

• IMGP10113.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 222
  • IMGP1589.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 246
  • IMGP1569.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 249
  • IMGP1577.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 227
Ok so I noticed memike has dual manifolds on Victoria, I sent him a pm and he said waggin built a few sets years ago, wondering if anyone else has a set or good pics of em

Ok so I noticed memike has dual manifolds on Victoria, I sent him a pm and he said waggin built a few sets years ago, wondering if anyone else has a set or good pics of em

Yeah. memike.

-
Back