Header Suggestion H E L P

-

65WaxUcuda

Barracuda Freak
Reaction score
Alright let me explain these headers are Patriot tight tuck headers! Both are identical to the T passenger side went on no problem, just took the oil filter off and it slipped right in. Now i knew that we would run into some issues with the drivers side. The steering box is in the way and im a little stumped. I already jacked the motor up about as far as im going to get it to try to slip them in, I have took the starter out to. Im trying to make it to the Mopars at the Rock! this coming saturday so i was gonna put the headers on the cuda so if any of you guys can try to give me some hints , suggestions , all welcome to help me tackle this one. I got some pictures to show you what they look like as well as what im dealing with. Like i said any suggestions would be appreciated. The pictures are self explanitory!

Pop And The Shop 053.jpg

Pop And The Shop 056.jpg

Pop And The Shop 057.jpg

Pop And The Shop 060.jpg

Pop And The Shop 059.jpg

Pop And The Shop 054.jpg

Pop And The Shop 055.jpg

Pop And The Shop 058.jpg

Sorry to say but that just won't work without cutting it apart and relocating the collector, along with alot of other work. Iv'e heard about using dak headers but I just don't think it would work either. Iv'e got Hooker super-comps in mine but they require cutting the fenderwells. There are some out there that don't require cutting. Just do a search.

when they desighned headers for a bodies they just were not thinking. The only headers that I know of that do not have fitment problems are Dougs, hooker super comps, and TTI. I got hedmans and i had to remove the starter, draglink, and beat the hell out of the # 7 primary to get it to fit. I bet if you called up jegs and oredered hedmans next day and then took your car to an exhaust shop to have them fabbed to fit around your steering box, you would be very happy. You might also save 400 bucks. I had the same problema with my steering box. I guess you get what you pay for. That is why TTI's are so popular. They are custom fitted to each car and motor. For 700 jr bacon cheeseburgers they better fit

I have hedmans in my Dart and they work good-didnt have to beat the crap out of any of the pipes-but they are indeed a tight fit-i bought a mini starter from a 98 Dakota and threw in there instead of the original and that helped a lot.

any1 heard of dougs .. there so dam expensive .. would you cut the fenderwells up for them or not? any1 ever used em.

-
Back