headers 440 dart

-

Mopar6974

Reaction score
This question has been asked over and over on here, but still looking for the correct answer. I want to put headers in my car (non firewall) other than the $800. sets that you see on the internet. My car has a 4-speed as well. There has got to be a more reasonable set out there. If using the B-body headers will they come in contact with the z-bar and will they clear the shifting rods?

Tri-ys are 500ish. B body headers will only work with a low deck big block. 383/400. And that's with some heavy dinging and shaping to get them in.

i like the proparts headers. but they are partial fenderwell and not sure if they fit with a 4 speed.

you are pretty much screwed. fenderwell or big dollar. even fenderwells aren't too cheap anymore..

This question has been asked over and over on here, but still looking for the correct answer. I want to put headers in my car (non firewall) other than the $800. sets that you see on the internet. My car has a 4-speed as well. There has got to be a more reasonable set out there. If using the B-body headers will they come in contact with the z-bar and will they clear the shifting rods?

There is a very simple aproach to this problem. its called: build them yourself:D

when you are done :banghead::protest::violent1: and are in a weird state of :blob::icescrea: you may get an idea about why these headers are so darn expensive.

I sprung for the ceramic coated tri-y. They fit well. I did need to add a little clearance to the passenger collector to add space between it and the torsion bar. Also had to notch a corner of the power steering. Other than that, a good fit in very confined space.

There is a very simple aproach to this problem. its called: build them yourself:D

when you are done :banghead::protest::violent1: and are in a weird state of :blob::icescrea: you may get an idea about why these headers are so darn expensive.

Yep.....

And the answer is the same as the other countless times it has been asked. No matter how you work the question the answer will ALWAYS be the same.....open the wallet, let the moths out pay....or don't let the moths out and complain about poor fitment....and then a few months later spend the big bucks on the better headers because the cheapo ones are too smashed to use...

Actually, the hedmans in some instances fit quite well. Some people have reported no mods at all. It all depends on the car. But as stated, the answer is the same. Want headers that fit? Pay up. And even still, sometimes they don't fit.

Actually, the hedmans in some instances fit quite well. Some people have reported no mods at all. It all depends on the car. But as stated, the answer is the same. Want headers that fit? Pay up. And even still, sometimes they don't fit.
wait and find a used set that is for sell. the tti `s are pretty good. I bought a set off a guy in kan., and straightened out a couple of dings, and supprisingly they fit almost perfect. had to slide the steering column over to the outside as for as it would go in it`s original holes. will wrap them w/ black header ins. because of everything being so close.
(raised port headed -68 barracuda) -bob

Whatever you buy, make sure they are ceramic coated.

Pro-parts can be installed with everything bloted in place. The collectors are a ***** to get on, worse to service.

The TTI's are a MF.

The schumachers fit really well but are very limited on flow. 450hp is the max for these. Even in their own testing the comparason from TTI's to Schumachers is staggering. Theer are some guys here who have also switched and see major power gains.

I actually have a set of NEW Doug's headers for a big block b body. They are bent JUST like the Hedmans. Been trying to sell them for a long time with no luck. I aint gonna give um away, but I'll make a good deal on um.

I used an old set of Proparts on my 71 Duster which was 440 w/4-speed. We had to modify the bellcrank, but other than that, they fit very well. However, as mentioned by abodyjoe, you have to dump a couple pipes into the fenderwell on the driver side and one on the passenger side. That car was already cut for fenderwell headers so it was no big deal to me. If I would have done the fenderwell cutting, I would have cut holes just a little bigger than the pipes, like I did on the Barracuda, so it wouldn't look quite so bad.

Attachments

• _0228.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 402
  • _0229.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 384
  • _0230.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 403
Give me an idea on what your looking to get for them. If you have some pictures that would be great thanks Tim

-
Back