headers or manifold?

-

KramerSwinger70

70 Dart Swinger360
Reaction score
master plan here- 360ci (904 or 727 trans, if it help) in my 70 dart. daily driver with some fun power an good mileage. my question is what would be the most sensible route for my application?

headers or manifolds? ive read that 340 manifolds are good stock but are really expensive and i dont have a cash tree.

any suggestions? all i know for sure is im goin to do true duals with turbo mufflers.

Exhaust manifolds will last dang near forever, but also , there very restrictive. If you choose this route, take a good look at Comp Cams and there cams designed for exhaust manifolds. They have alot of exhaust duration to help balance everything. They work very well.

Headers free up much power. On a dead bone stock engine, the raise can be an easy 25 hp and a butt dyno won't miss it ever....unless your numb.

The draw back of headers is the instalation time and extreme effort not to mention that you will....and Ohhh you will....bang and dent and flatten out 3 tubes on the drivers side when you hit a bump, pot hole or debrise in the road.

3 tubes of the header run under thefront end steering linkages.
Of course, to avoid the 3 tube header crunch, there the expensive set's of headers, tti's and a slightly cheaper, Doug's. Member has them here; http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=90717

Headders sound really good, but they are a Pain in the but to install, I know with the Hookers that I had, we had to modify one tube on the passengers side because it was in the way of the idler arm.

get a set of 92/93 magnum exhaust manifolds of a dakota, ram, or a van. they flow very well.

get a set of 92/93 magnum exhaust manifolds of a dakota, ram, or a van. they flow very well.
I've heard this but I have yet to see anyone here or anywhere else that can say "I have them on my Duster". It seems like a novel idea but until I see them or have it verified by one of you'ze guys here!

-
Back