Headers, TTI or Doug’s?

-
I was a TTI distributor that quit recommending and installing them 2005ish cuz of the rust issues, Google it.
Doug's, - no issues in over a dozen sets over many years .

I was a TTI distributor that quit recommending and installing them 2005ish cuz of the rust issues, Google it.
Do you have to rust proof Doug's in the off season?

Do you have to rust proof Doug's in the off season?

I just walked down and looked at the Doug's on my car installed 2000ish and my son's installed 2005ish, both are slightly duller than when installed (Ceramic). No protectant .
The TTI owners were pretty quick to mention the rust, no mention at all from Doug's, I regularly service these vehicles .
I will recommend you leave the plastic bags on as long as poss, as protection from finger marks that bake on when fired up.
Wipe the finger/hand prints off with brake clean or smilar .
Far superior quality and modern design than the days of old, with poor ground clearances and plug access .
Good Luck .

Last edited:
Upon looking online, I saw just as many complaints on Doug's. It seems neither has the advantage. You cant win these days.........

Any header that goes "behind" the steering linkage and fits up to the body for good ground clearance is good ...on the street. As a young man I've been down the "cheap header" road I would race with them though. On the street I have reverted back to manifolds and stock type exhaust.

Yeah mine started rusting after a few years. I drove my car in the rain one time maybe that caused it?

TTI installed around 2009. Overall I really like them despite they started rusting around 2-3 years of garage kept car. I had to shim motor mounts and slot K-Frame to push engine/trans back some. Once I got engine positioned correctly then good clearance and NO dents were needed. Keep in mind Mopar K-Frames were super sloppy production tolerances were all over the place. But TTI provides the engine location specs in their instructions. Oh and no leaks either.

TTI installed around 2009. Overall I really like them despite they started rusting around 2-3 years of garage kept car. I had to shim motor mounts and slot K-Frame to push engine/trans back some. Once I got engine positioned correctly then good clearance and NO dents were needed. Keep in mind Mopar K-Frames were super sloppy production tolerances were all over the place. But TTI provides the engine location specs in their instructions. Oh and no leaks either.
Do yours have the ceramic coating?

I have Doug's Headers on my '65 Dart Charger. yes, they are a tight fit on the driver's side and I had to ding one tube to clear my mini starter. Very tight clearance between the starter and torsion bar.

Engine 1.jpg

Engine 2.jpg

running a tube front end probably opens up more room so either will work.

the tti are larger tubes and larger collectors then the dougs. not sure if that makes a difference for you or not.

with stock suspension i'd personally go with the dougs. helped a friend install the tti in his 66 cuda. i don't think tti designed them with large (1") torsion bars in mind because they are freaking super tight. the dougs would give you a little more wiggle room..

like stated, both are high quality.
Not much wiggle room around the torsion bars with the Doug's.

-
Back