Headers VS Manifolds

-
Hey 66 ,heres my thinking on your issues.

Get a cheap set of headman or Summit headers.Hack em up and reweld em to make em fit.Not that much money and should be close to fitting without mods anyways. This would be a custom header on a budget!

I have hedmans right here along with flowmaster ball and socket collecter kit. They are not hard to find.

Have Leanna powdercoat em :cheers::cheers::happy10:

hmmmmm, very intrigueing, wish you lived down the street I'd have a better look at it and an answer soon enough. I'd say take the motor mounts off and the bolts out of the trans mount, install the manifolds and move the engine trans around till everything fit then make all the mounts work with some fabrication.....

If you're not chasing ET stick with the manifolds, one of my friends with a 64 Valiant was running 12.90's with 273 logs and iron 4 barrel intake on a 360, it was a standard rebuild with KB107's, cut the heads for 2.02's and has a 284/.528 solid, he had an old factory AFB on it too.

The ET bug got him so he swapped to TTI's, an Air gap with a demon and runs 12.2-3's, he just put edelbrock heads on but hasn't been back out yet- maybe 11.? now, it may be faster but I thought it was cooler when it ran high 12's and looked like a stock 273 under the hood.

ok...i'm bored,,,lol

I'm gonna take some pics of the truck iron manifolds and post em

Guys....I would LOVE to use the 340 manifolds....unfortunately they do not fit the application. The LHS dump hits and binds the steering coupler, I have moved everything at least three times.... The right hand side would need a snake for a pipe....NOT HAPPENIN.
TODAY I found a Local guy that specializes in building headers.... he just finished a Barracuda just like mine so he has what you might call a "template".... I have seen his work and he is quite a craftsman. The last car just before the one like mine was a 66 Dart pretty much the same config factory frame wise but with a very different K and a HEMI, they had to butter that puppy up and drop it from an AWAC at 10k feet to get it in...... my 340 is tight..... that thing HAD to squeek!! but he did it and those pipes are 2+ inchers....there was some fenderwell action for sure.....but this guy cut intersecting holes as in round ones that were about 1/2 inch bigger than the pipes.......I wish I had pics he did an awesome job!! He let me know that it would cost but he would be reasonable and he tossed out a number.... MY Jaw just about hit the ground..... I am getting CUSTOM made ceramic coated headers for a bit under the cost of out of the box ( DIY'ers ) I aint arguing. Regular size ( short version) mopar starter and he assures me I will be able to change my starter without removing squat. OK that sold me.

NOW I will be listing both sets of manifolds the stock 273 ceramic coated ones and the 340 T/A-six pack ones......both sets are in excellent shape. but the listing will be forth coming and follwing the NEW rules including pics, price, location etc etc.....

These LIL cars can be VERY fast ( if built right ) and when equiped with front & rear anti sway...they can corner/handle almost like a vette

... Have Leanna powdercoat em :cheers::cheers::happy10:

Thanks for the referral, but I'm out of the high temp ceramic header / manifold coatings business for the moment. I'm looking around for another supplier but so far no one has blown my skirt up.

WOW ...checked out your site!! HOT cars!!! Nice Work! HOT LEGS!! yours too Leanna...LOL Just kiddin Billy .... seen better lookin legs on a pool table LOL Hers are HOT yours....... not so hot but then again I am not a girl LOL
Screamin rides Billy...nice work both ya'all.... very impressive

Thank you very much 66cuda!

Billy isn't really into the powder coating thing much ... he welds up jigs for me and likes to blast once in a while, but his heart just isn't into it. He would rather have the whole car to restore instead of just a part or two. He's kinda been building up a little antique tractor restoration biz around here (used to have Lee Restorations in Louisiana before Hurricane Katrina decided to change our lives -- one of his customers' cars won the World of Wheels in fact -- but you can't take your reputation with you). He can also rebuild a Holley carb better and faster than anyone I've ever seen.

The powder coating business is and always has been my baby, and I love every aspect of the work more than you could possibly know. I appreciate the compliments and look forward to working on something for you some day. Thanks for taking the time to check out my website. :-D

-
Back