headflow #s and new engine combo.

-

moturbopar

Reaction score
Well my plans have changed yet again. I have decided to go a little more crazy on the 360 build.
I got an email from the guy that was flowing my heads, 596 castings 2.02 1.60 valves undercut. home ported
numbers came out as followed.
lift in ext
.100 64 52
.200 130 97
.300 190 140
.400 234 177
.500 261 185
.550 258 188
I think its pretty good for my first set of small block mopar heads.

So what do you guys think of this combo.
10.0 to .030 over 360
scat rods
heads as above
comp xs282s solid camshaft http://www.compcams.com/Company/CC/cam-specs/Details.aspx?csid=671&sb=0
1.5 roller rockers
ported m1 singleplane
750 holley dp
1 5/8 headers 2.5" exhaust with 3 " cut outs.
125hp nitrous
904 3800 stall
3.91 gears
25.5 drag radials

Hey thanks! Was worried about hitting water in these heads, but mopar seemed to put alot of material in there! I dont know why the numbers suck so bad at .600 lift. Port must be having some bad turbulance problems, or something. I was thinking the pushrod pinch might have something to do with it, but dont know.

What converter do you guys think I need? I would like to keep the single plane, I have had much easier time tunning the nitrous.

I would really like to get well into the 12s off the nitrous.

Get it too hook and it should run 11's all day without juice IMO. I'll bet it makes every bit of 435-450hp tuned up right, maybe more.

with a name like that i was expecting a turbo?? Get the best converter you can afford.. Sounds fun!!

with a name like that i was expecting a turbo?? Get the best converter you can afford.. Sounds fun!!

Ah yes it is an old name that has stuck with me. Had a turbocharged 383 66 satellite about 10 years ago.

I think you should be able to hit low 12s without the spray assuming the car hooks. A similar 340 combo I worked with some years ago hit 12.0s with a slightly smaller hydraulic cam, slightly less weight, and slightly more gear. I like it overall although the headers could be better and the convertor needs to be a good one. (read as not cheap)

I am looking at a Turbo action s-800 tight converter. talking to them, it should stall 3800 to 4000 rpm.

The headers will be swapped out next year sometime.

Last engine I had dyno'd the difference between the 1 5/8 to a 1 3/4 header was 6hp and 8tq at peaks. It's not that big a deal IMO. Cheap headers and n2o will kick the crap out of the same combo with expensive perfectly tuned (which they aren't OOTB) headers. :)

I doubt you will see that much stall out pf a S-800 especially the tight version. There 8" will flash that high though.

For what you're planning, I'd be calling Lenny at Ultimate, and I think the best combo would be an 8" with the NO2, light car, and lower first/short tire deal.

So what do you guys recommend? Stall and manufacturer. I I am trying to stay around $700 or so.
Thanks

I believe that one was mine????
A similar 340 combo I worked with some years ago hit 12.0s with a slightly smaller hydraulic cam, slightly less weight, and slightly more gear. I like it overall although the headers could be better and the convertor needs to be a good one. (read as not cheap)

-
Back