Headlamp On Reminder Buzzer Harness Connector?

-

scatpackbee

Reaction score
Hello fellow FABO'ers

I'm attempting to install a headlamp on reminder buzzer harness into my '69 Dart taken from another '69 Dart with the headlamp reminder buzzer and map light options and came across this connector which the factory manual diagram indicates goes to the left front door light switch.

I've never seen this style of connector on any harness, and how would you connect this to the door light switch?

Is there something missing from this terminal?

It's a yellow wire with a black tracer coming from the headlight on reminder buzzer connector to the left side door switch

Thanks
IMG_5003.JPG
IMG_5004.JPG
IMG_5005.JPG

Not sure how they would have added that to a door jamb switch. Maybe it was a different, 2 wire switch. Or maybe the correct female terminal had a piggy back provision for this add on.
If that is only for picking up the 12 volt hot at all times circuit, you could just splice this addition into the yellow wire you have.

I believe you have the male terminal from the door jamb switch that has pulled out of the switch when it was disconnected. The wire harness should be a female terminal. Try wiggling the extra piece and see if it comes out.

I believe you have the male terminal from the door jamb switch that has pulled out of the switch when it was disconnected. The wire harness should be a female terminal. Try wiggling the extra piece and see if it comes out.

BINGO Good eye mate

-
Back