Headlamp wiring harnesses/headlamps

-

rtee007

Deplorable Texan
Reaction score
I have seen a few replacement harnesses offered for our cars. Has anyone tried these and if so can you tell me your results, which ones you are using and where did you buy them.
Also any input on some aftermarket upgrades to the headlamps, I'd like more modern lighting.

I have bought several harnesses from YO and one from CI. These are factory correct replacement harnesses made by M&H. They are real simple plug and play replacement for under 200 in most cases. All wire color is correct to the manual as well as the connectors.
I have purchased and used 2 of the modified harnesses w/o issue these are ready for the Chrysler electronic ignition and updated charging system

Want it to work best, get rid of the marginally acceptable factory harness and install headlight relays.

Build it yourself, its actually fairly easy, I built the harness and relay kit for my car for under 60$ with the matching factory colors. Use the original wiring from the headlights to activate the relays, and install a 15 amp fuse for each relay.
I kind of went overkill when I did mine, used 10g wire (could have went with 12) but I had spools upon spools of 10g wire so I used what I had.

User crackedback makes and sells a headlamp relay kit that is easy to install, affordable and is extremely high quality

Want it to work best, get rid of the marginally acceptable factory harness and install headlight relays.

Well I am all open to the solution, I can make my own wire harnesses and all that, but if you already have something made up, that is a proven upgrade I am all for it....I am not into reinventing the light bulb. Just want modern system for an antique Dodge! These factory headlamps blow as well. With all these new lighting systems I see on cars today, I wouldn't mind installing one on my Dart to start with.
And I don't care for the Honk Kong junk I see out there either. PM me with more info sir.

PM sent.

The kits I build use a standard style 3 prong H4 plug. As long as the headlight you choose has that style plug, you should be good to go.

Thanks

Rob

-
Back