headlight bezels

-
Nice, not cheap but nice! I guess for a pair it could be worse

Last edited:
In 1965 dollars, that price is about $20.50 apiece, or about three times what you would have spent for that part at the dealer parts counter in 1965. Considering how much more expensive it is to make a part like this on a low-volume basis in small quantity vs. high-volume in large quantity, the price is completely and entirely reasonable and realistic. Whether you or I or anyone else happens to be able to afford it is a totally different question that doesn't impact on whether the price is reasonable or not. I've got a long list of things I want to buy that I can't afford even though they are reasonably and appropriately priced, how 'bout you?

You know how it goes, if my wife, who makes the most money since I decided to retire in February has been laid off, and if I didn't find out I am going to have surgery in a couple of weeks, I would order those and not think twice about it.
After surgery, and after she finds another job, I'll be ordering those,

were they that shiny new? Of course I have only seen 50 year old originals. They dont include the little black clips so save yours. Other than that I have looked at them with me holding my originals and they look like the rear deal tooling if that is possible. Was the inside black flat or semi gloss?

Not positive, we are having a thunderstorm and just lost the internet
I can't see much on my phone

Shiny: Yes. The originals were brite-dipped aluminum. The brite-dip sometimes frosts over the years and decades.

Inside: not chalkboard-matte, but closer to matte than to semi-gloss.

These also suit '63 Valiants, not just '64-'65.

Wow, nice. And NOT expensive IMHO. If I could get a pair for my '63 Dart for that money, they'd already be on order.

-
Back