Headlight Ring Interchange

-

fzmax

Reaction score
Does anyone know definitively which rings fit on which cars? In searching I found a lot of conflicting information. I need a driver's side one for my 63 Valiant and have found some, but they are for later Valiants and Barracudas.

I know for a fact that a headlight ring from another 63 valiant will fit perfectly:) Sorry I couldn't help it. I get that alot when looking for the rings on my 63 too. Good luck finding a definitive answer.

you may want to go to the early valiant barracuda web site ans ask,,some one on this site should know,,,

63-65 Valiants are all the same, I have seen an extra screw hole in the bottom on 63s where the dent is...

I'm not sure about the '63 but the '64 & '65 are the same. For '66 the bezels are different, plus the Valiant and Barracuda are different from each other.

'64 & '65 Valiant Part Number 2445 946

'66 Valiant # 2578 008 (right side) 2578 009 (left)
'66 Barracuda # 2578 086 (right) & 2578087 (left)

Interchange is '63-'65 Valiant + Barracuda, plus Australian AP5 and AP6 Valiants. Darts are different, and '66s are different. You might be able to get these rings new from the vendor in Washington with the, erm, problematic reputation, or you can get nice chromed fibreglass ones from Valiant Restoration Services in Australia. Scroll down the page until you find it listed as "AP5 - AP6 Reproduction chromed headlight bezels". A$330 = USD$300 (pair) as of tonight.

Thanks Dan. $330 is a little rich for my blood, but at least I know what will fit.

Hey, lookit. Good fibreglass repro '63-'65 Valiant/Barracuda headlight rings for A$60 (~US $53) apiece (that's more like it!), painted and ready to install. Silver paint + clearcoat is probably fine for most non-show cars, but if you wanted to get fancier with it you could buy them gelcoated and use this magic-in-a-can stuff.

'66 Dart headlight rings do not interchange with '63-'65 Valiant. Nor do '63-'64 or '65 Dart headlight rings interchange with '63-'65 Valiant. Not even close!

-
Back