headlight switch

-

barbee6043

barbee 6043
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Yes I have taken them out a few times or so, BUT I can mash in the release button and the stem will not come out! I will rotate but not pulll on out. The tiny wire winding in its reastate were coming out, but I doubt that has anything to do with it.
Any ideas, it has to come out!

Pb blaster is my suggestion. I've had a few that were seriously stuck!
I would also leave it installed but unplugged. Help keep it sturdy while you fart around with it.

Yes ^^^^

Pull the headlight switch knob all the way out, spray the shaft and switch port with PB Blaster or WD-40 if you don't want things to stink.

Work the headlight switch 25 times, soak it again, repeat.

Blow the switch and port out with compressed air, push the release button and the pull control shaft out.

Yes I have taken them out a few times or so, BUT I can mash in the release button and the stem will not come out! I will rotate but not pulll on out. The tiny wire winding in its reastate were coming out, but I doubt that has anything to do with it.
Any ideas, it has to come out!

I have had to jiggle the crap out of the shaft while pulling it out on some.
Never had to spray or lube them.

I have had to jiggle the crap out of the shaft while pulling it out on some.
Never had to spray or lube them.
Yep I lubed it, jiggled the chit out of it, pushed it, pulled it HARD, the stem rotates and I have pulled that sucker more and more till I am blue! Maybe take the cut off wheel to it and look for another stem!??? ha

Yes ^^^^

Pull the headlight switch knob all the way out, spray the shaft and switch port with PB Blaster or WD-40 if you don't want things to stink.

Work the headlight switch 25 times, soak it again, repeat.

Blow the switch and port out with compressed air, push the release button and the pull control shaft out.
I will take the air hose to it this afternoon!

Wrap a come-along around the seat and to the knob, few good cranks should do if as long as the dash doesn't come out

:rofl:

-
Back