Headlights flashing

-

1973dusterkid

Watch This
Reaction score
OK so my headlight have been doing some funny things for a while I finally decided to fix them. When I have the head lights on and drive the car for about 15mins the headlights start flashing on and off but if you turn them on and off the stop flashing for about another 15mins. I thought it was a loose wire but bumps do not change what it does. What do you guys think it might be.

Thermal protection inside the headlight switch. Most common cause is bulbs that draw too much current. Could be simply a bad switch.

sounds like the headlight relay to me... either the relay is going bad or the connections are corroded

sounds like a bad headlight switch to me.. better check it out. the plug may be all melted..

here is what happened to my darts headlight switch. so glad i rewired the car when i did..

page4.jpg

I had this same issue in my Cuda and found the highbeam switch on the floor was burned up along with the plug going into it , you can both at Autozone for less then 20.00 dollars

Just need yourself to work it. Should be no snow inside the car. You need a multimeter (I get free at HF). I "second" to pulling up the carpet and checking the foot dimmer switch. The headlamps route thru there and yours could be all corroded, say if you backed up too far at a Lake Lanier boat launch, or your wife went Susan Smith on the kids. Do the headlamps flicker as you tap your left foot to a rap beat while driving?

Just need yourself to work it. Should be no snow inside the car. You need a multimeter (I get free at HF). I "second" to pulling up the carpet and checking the foot dimmer switch. The headlamps route thru there and yours could be all corroded, say if you backed up too far at a Lake Lanier boat launch, or your wife went Susan Smith on the kids. Do the headlamps flicker as you tap your left foot to a rap beat while driving?

there saying 8 inchs of snow this is GA. Bumps and shakes don't change the flickering. I always ride with brights on because the head lights suck so next time they start flickering I will switch to lows and see if it stops.

Heat from halogen bulbs draw? Fixed mine with ceramic plug leads and a relay.

-
Back