headlights

-
Reaction score
when i turn my dimmers on low i don't have several lights, when i turn my brights back on, it blows several lights, i have put 4 headlights switches on.

Whoa! Contact member crackedback for a simple headlight relay kit to take the load off of everything.

You will need to check the wiring everywhere for cracked/ crossed / grounded wires.

there are a lot of places where a short circuit could occur. Blowing bulbs requires excessive voltage. A short to ground briefly spiking the charging system? Dimmer switch shorted? Who knows. We don't even know what car is blowing which bulbs. Anyway... A headlight relay kit wouldn't cure it. You might stumble onto the fault while installing that kit though. Good luck

OP, you need to rewrite your question (add another post) and clarify EXACTLY what has happened. As red said, blowing bulbs is most likely an OVERCHARGING (overvoltage) problem, and a BIG one. Is the battery smelly, wet on top? Run the car at fast idle, and see what the battery voltage is, with your multimeter

-
Back