Headliner install

-

70Duster340

Reaction score
Before I start to reinstall the headliner, should some sort of insulation be put in place between the headliner and the roof? There wasn't anything there when I removed it.

Thanks

Very good, thanks! Should I attach it to the roof or the headliner? Being cardboard, I don't know how much weight it can hold.

You definitely want something there to insulate temperatures and noise, rain drops on a steel roof can be deafening, the stick on or spray adhesive for non stick type. I think most vendors that sell headliner also sell the factory fiberglass like type that is probably all you need. I imagine the cardboard is an insulating material itself seeing how you found no additional under it so anything you put in there will be an upgrade.

You definitely want something there to insulate temperatures and noise, rain drops on a steel roof can be deafening, the stick on or spray adhesive for non stick type. I think most vendors that sell headliner also sell the factory fiberglass like type that is probably all you need. I imagine the cardboard is an insulating material itself seeing how you found no additional under it so anything you put in there will be an upgrade.
I have some other areas in the car that need some insulation, so I'll be sure to get enough to do it all.

Thanks!

I was told that old insulation is what gives mopars their classic smell

Those farts get caught in the seat cushions and get released when you sit on it. Many years of farts are trapped in there.

-
Back