Headliner time

-

moparhunter

Reaction score
In a ongoing attempt to reassemble my 69 Dart I’ll be installing ( attempting) a new headliner ( car has been apart since 2000) I’ve done some research / homework . Any advise before I jump in ( besides don’t do it ) ?

If its a bow headliner i hope u have the glass out so you can stretch it tight over the teeth. Also i suggest you unfold the headliner a few days ahead of time so it relaxes. I used a heatgun doing mine to warm it as i went. It seems to help with the wrinkles

I found a fabric steamer works great on carpet and headliners. It won't melt things like a heat gun can.

No to steal this, I need to install my shoulder belts, what is the best way to make a hole in the headliner? Soldering iron? Razor?

I have done 2 so not an expert. But what helped was watching a couple youtube videos before I started.

Yup . Glass is all out . Videos watch . Fingers crossed .

I just had mine done. I thought about doing it. Now that I've seen it done, now way in hades would I try it. The guy that did mine is a slam professional and it took him seven solid hours from start to finish. He did lay it out in the sun a while. Dude really knew what he was doin. It came out really nice.

Oh I forgot to mention , the car has a cage. Should make it easier

-
Back