Headlite issues high beams only

-

Fisher

Old Guy with a Cool car.
Reaction score
I have a 71 Duster 6 cyl car, it was in a front drivers corner accident. I am puttingthe car all back together and have no low beams? I have all the marker lights and front signal lights connected. But no low beams. I am wondering if the dimmer switch just decided to go or if i have not got something grounded correctly? This car only has 20,000 miles on it. i have not taken the test lite and volt meter to the system yet just cruiou how the system works? I also have no signal lights, i am thinking i have a fender indicator not grounded correctly.

Very easy to check. The dimmer has three wires. One is the power coming IN to the dimmer switch FROM your headlight switch

The remaining two wires are high and low beam. They go through the firewall enroute to the headlight harness

The hi beam wire branches off before the bulkhead and feeds up to your hi beam indicator. Does it work?

Just probe at the dimmer switch, and check power on first one, then the other wire.

If you replace the switch, try to find a quality one. I bought the "usual line" from NAPA and I don't think it lasted 100 punches. Since I don't drive much at night anymore, this is shameful.

SHAME on you NAPA for shilling Chinese **** to us!!!!!

Ok feel like a dummy! One low beam was bad and the other had a loose or dirty connection! Had a spare bulb to test with! All good ! Thanks for the help! I did test dimmer first and it was working ! Stuff like this bothers me and I can't sleep till I know what it is?

Glad you found the problem.

(now go to sleep)... LOL!

Had to re solder the fender signal indicator too! Lol I an going to buy a new flasher this one seems slow? Unless I need to make all the grounds proper ?

-
Back