Heads, cam, valve springs...

-

5.7 hemi

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I maybe getting another set of 5.7 heads elcheapo, and if this happens I want to do a few changes. I have a new stock 6.1 cam that will go in, and want to know if the 6.1 exhaust springs should be used as I'm doing this on squeaky tight wallet creakin' budget. Do I replace ALL the valve springs with the 6.1's? Also the push rods, replace all with the 6.1's or just the exhaust? Also, I'm gonna do some hand porting on the intake side to match the 6.1 manifold, so any thoughts or comments would be great.

If you swap to the 6.1 cam, you should install the 6.1 pushrods. As they ate the correct length for the cam. And will help quiet down the valvetrain. On the valvesprings it's a good idea to swap over to the 6.1 exhaust springs. The 6.1 has diffrent springs for intake and exhaust. The 5.7 does not. And the 6.1 exhaust just so happens to have the same installed hight as the 5.7 so. Getting 16 6.1 exhaust prongs and 8 intake and 8 exhaust pushrods would be a good idea for a 5.7 with a 6.1 cam. Or any other cam for that natter as all aftermarket cams are built off of the smaller base circle cam lobe of the 6.1

Thanks 03ramit, I was waiting for ya to chime in.

No problem man. You knew it was only a matter of time. Would have responded earlier but I took a little power nap on the couch in front of the tv. :)

-
Back