Heads getting hot

-

68 barracuda 68

Reaction score
Hi guys ,
Have cooling trouble .. the heads getting too hot, engine is 400 stroked to 512, b1 heads. 12,4:1 in comratio, cobber gasket. Anyone had that problem? Have cheked heads and gasket coolig holes

Hi guys ,
Have cooling trouble .. the heads getting too hot, engine is 400 stroked to 512, b1 heads. 12,4:1 in comratio, cobber gasket. Anyone had that problem? Have cheked heads and gasket coolig holes

must be the comratio and the cobber gasket !!

Tom Hemphill big on B1 heads ran water lines to his heads. He also ran a lot of nitrous so I’m not sure that is the reason why. If you need pictures let me know and I will check to see if I still have them. I lost a lot of pictures when my old computer crashed.

retarded timing can put the hottest flame / fire in the heads and exhaust rather than the cylinders where it should be.See if your headers glow excessively in the dark.

Tom Hemphill big on B1 heads ran water lines to his heads. He also ran a lot of nitrous so I’m not sure that is the reason why. If you need pictures let me know and I will check to see if I still have them. I lost a lot of pictures when my old computer crashed.[/QUOTE
]
works too , I ran water to the center of my 406 sbc heads in addition to the rear to front lines--------

Looks like i have to run waterline from the front of engine and in back of each head. The problem is beacuse of cement filled block.
Hopfully can do some more testing in the bench next week

Did you ever figure this out? We have had trouble all season with a hot #8cylinder in our original B-1 headed nitrous engine. We burnt number 8 piston even with a bunch of timing out. Too much? I never heard of taking too much timing out making the egt hot, but this does make sense. Our heads do have a pipe plug in the back of each head. The previous owner was a top sportsman car with a ton of nitrous. Is this for adding more coolant? We don't use a reverse flow water pump either.

How are those additional water lines run usually? Do you use a reverse pump with them?

Thanks!

Neil

-
Back