Heads

-

Punkmastadart

Reaction score
I got a question, would it matter what side the heads go on? I had the heads rebuilt (with some hardened seats) and its been a while since the guy had em, well i was wondering if it mattered which side i put them on?? And i was also wondering if anyone knew the lash clearance on adjusting the valves, ill keep my remote starter switch handy :) Thanks!

It doesnt matter which side the heads go on, as for valve adjustments this is only for mech. cams, then you follow the cam grinders rec. for lash as some are tighter than others.

it may matter which side heads go on as you have to figure in mounting holes in heads for brackets. lash on a hyd cam is positive and should be between .025 and .050 preload,on a mech. or roller its negative lash and you need the cam card to tell you the numbers

it may matter which side heads go on as you have to figure in mounting holes in heads for brackets. lash on a hyd cam is positive and should be between .025 and .050 preload,on a mech. or roller its negative lash and you need the cam card to tell you the numbers

They don't make right and left side heads. The mounting bolt holes will be correct no matter which side you put the heads on. They have 3 mounting bolt holes on one end and one on the other. One one side of the motor, you'll have the three bolts on the front and on the other side, the 3 bolt holes will be in the back.

Negative and positive lash? Huh?

Hydraulic cams run zero lash. Mechanical cams have lash. Lifter preload is called just that, not positive lash.

Thanks to all of you guys :) I got the heads installed and my swinger is finally rolling! As for lash i didnt have to do anything, the valve train was all on the torque for the rocker arm shaft, and that was pretty much it for that guy.

it may matter which side heads go on as you have to figure in mounting holes in heads for brackets.

I scream run from this man ....3762 ..heads are not directional, ethier head will fit ethier side. There drilled to work that way.

yeah negative and positive lash negative is used on mech and rollers positive is used on hydraulics.read up on the subject for proper terminology lil. preloads a different subject but refers to positive lash

rumble ,you think highly of yourself but our last discussion on dans car was a joke. who had it right? haha

rumble ,you think highly of yourself but our last discussion on dans car was a joke. who had it right? haha

3762, Your really starting to get on my nerves. Please remember there are 6000+ other members on this site who may care to hear what some one other then your self has to say.

I would think the first question would be what type cam punks running so were all dummies hahahahaha, use the 3 position method punk, meaning you only have to turn the engine 1 1/2 revolutions, regardless of cam

so, I cant defend myself adam? my posts on our last discussion was correct and I was just trying to help the guy out and he stated it did work. So lets not hold grudges

You can defend your self all you want. You just seem to come off like your all ways right and everyone that doesnt agree with you is wrong.

Rumblefish has given lost of guys here great advice and to say that a post he made was a joke is highly insulting.

3762, Your really starting to get on my nerves. Please remember there are 6000+ other members on this site who may care to hear what some one other then your self has to say.

Adam, I second this thought. Look back at the posts from mopar1962 who got banned not too long ago. Same kind of crap was happening and they happen to have the same zip code.?? SOrry to do this here but I dont want this to go on much further either.

Mike

Good detective work. After doing some investigating its become obvious our old friend is back. Either that or they just happen to have the same cars.

Later 3762

Good detective work. After doing some investigating its become obvious our old friend is back. Either that or they just happen to have the same cars.

Later 3762

Thanks. I just REALLY dont like assholes trying to make this place any less friendly.

yeah negative and positive lash negative is used on mech and rollers positive is used on hydraulics.read up on the subject for proper terminology lil. preloads a different subject but refers to positive lash

Just heard it one way, made a comment on it. Sometimes street speak is more of an accepted way than what is proper. Regional I thinks as well.
I allways heard lash as a positive number, not negitive number and preload as in depth.
You know, sometimes I do, sometimes I don't, but the key here is when you see a spade, call it a spade and not something else. I'll also stand aside right quick when I don't know and own up to a mistake just as fast. I've been corrected here before and I know it will happen again.

This is a really good board and it seems like a very nice place where people tend to agree on not agreeing. Baby banter is low and short lived.

The heads are completely swapable from side to side and would be very weary of someone saying otherwise and I MUST wonder out loud about it to the person giving the advice and to all reading it.

If I'm wrong, in that MoPar small block heads have a right side and left side, then fine. That would be OK being wrong. But boy-o-boy have I mixed sides up without care for a long time now.

NOT knowing the heads are swapable from side to side without issue is a rookie discovery. Since you don't know that about this, perhaps giving advice is something you should not be doing and leave it to the real hot rodders, racers, mechanic and such people.

On who had what right about a different thread, keep it in that thread in a civil way instead of a baby-ish multi post reply.

Agree or not, it can be handled differently.

so, I cant defend myself adam? my posts on our last discussion was correct and I was just trying to help the guy out and he stated it did work. So lets not hold grudges

Defending and defaming are different. Know who your poking at and know there abilty's and what they have achieved.

One thing I also wondered about.... you said you worked in jet propulsion and are retired @ 40.

I think you wish you were a jet propulsion worker and are retired due to your inabilty to know basic MoPar in's and out's. I really think your a 16 - 17 year old trying to be something your not.

Hey guys, This post of mine was delayed due to my new tool box coming in and just having to play with it.

Extra thanks to Adam. Thanks for the kind words.

Sublime, Since I read quickly what was posted since I was outside with the new box, the idea of this guy coming back from being band as someone else...

IF I got this right, this dude is a kid (Guess I called that right) who's Mom had to come on and register herself and explain things about her Son and appologized for his adolence (SP) ... er ... her kid reckless and rude ways.

She said she would take care of it and hasn't been back as far as I know to the other board.

His Mom said he was gifted, but young. Has family into cars so he's quick to see things most 16 year olds don't. But, we see he's still lacking and full of himself. For his age, he might be good where he's at.

Your comploment may be well deserved.

Aw thanks Rumble, Can always count on you to cheer a guy up.:cheers: I agree, his threads and response's were getting very attacking, looked like he wanted to fight. Maybe it was a bad thing i got a compliment from him, maybe it means im:sad11::toothy7: dumb. lol

Im running a stock cam...for now anyway :p im not sure who is right or wrong but thats not cool that we gotta be on each others throats here :(I look up to all of you cause im pretty sure you are older than me and know alot more than i do. But please no fighting, i dont want anyone getting banned or anything :(

mopar3762 was banned. He was here before under the name Mopar1962 causing the same problems. Im sure he will be back as Mopar1234

Im running a stock cam...for now anyway :p im not sure who is right or wrong but thats not cool that we gotta be on each others throats here :(I look up to all of you cause im pretty sure you are older than me and know alot more than i do. But please no fighting, i dont want anyone getting banned or anything :(

Tell ya what, how about listening to pro's in the feild rather than some 16 year old kid that comes around to start problems on purpose an revenge?

If a pro in the feild sounds better than a pissed of 16 year, listen to BJR to go fast and max. out what you have.

I think a few people here can vouche for me. I'll describe myself as a long time lover of this stuff and a guy that can help out a bunch. I'll try and help just like most people here. This is a good place. Believe me on this.

Later 3762

I recall someone else mentioning that 3762 looked oddly familiar,,, :-\"

Good riddance.

Lots of good people around here with tons of info. All opinions welcome as long as you're not an :bootysha: The static noise isn't needed.

-
Back