Heart valve replacement, anyone had one?

-
No valve replacement just a stint in the widowmaker and now a blood clot in the heart. Hopefully the rat poison they have me on will desolve it.
Good luck to you.

Yep. Last year in May 2022. Opted for the tissue valve. Feel much better. Not winded from simple tasks. Was a little rough for two weeks after the surgery but well worth it. Wishing you a speedy recovery and good health.

Nov. 2020 they put a "cow valve" in me, at age 67.
Can't even tell they opened me up 7 inches on the chest.
They use human super glue to put your skin back together.
You can't even tell. No visible scar to be seen at all.
5 days in the hospital, and then they kicked me out, to go home.
I'm told this valve lasts 10-15 years, so who knows if I'm gonna make to to 80 anyway.
Got another "issue" that's bone marrow, white blood cell related, that isn't curable, but i get to live with it, taking a medication.
So who knows, what's going to conk me out as i keep aging.
The heart, or the bone marrow issue.
But they tell me they don't have any issues at all doing another "valve job" on a guy at 80 years old.

Good luck with your procedure.
Medical science does wonders in this modern day and age.
Jim V.
hemi71x

EDIT:
I'm an Air Force 7 year veteran, and my medical care is 100% thru the Veterans Administration.
Never had to pay a penny, with all the medical care they have given me.
No objections at all thru the VA.
I had the surgery done here locally at the Sutter Medical Center, here in Sacramento, CA.
The VA, around here, usually sends you to a medical facility in San Francisco, for this type of operation, but since I'm local, at the Mather VA Hospital, they farmed me out to this hospital, here in town.
All went well.

Send me a pm if you need to talk.
I'll give you my phone number.

Last edited:
My step daughter had a valve replacement done about 2 years ago, she now has more mobility and pep in her step. She was back to normal activities very shortly after the surgery and started exercising to regain her self esteem. She was born with the defect and it had been repaired a few times before her cardiologist made the decision to replace it.

-
Back