Heat and sound insulation

-

70Duster340

Reaction score
I've been looking at some of the stuff called radiant barrier, with the foil on the outside. The question is, has anyone used this type of insulation before, and if so, was it the double sided foil type or the type with adhesive on one side. I was considering using this on the roof of my Duster, and maybe in the doors, too.

Thanks

It's like a bubble wrap sandwiched between the foil.

The way they insulate small airplanes and the way I have done two of my cars is to use a Dynamat type butyl self adhesive product to stop the panel from resonating (you don't have to cover the whole panel, just enough to stop the resonnation of the panel), and then they use a double foil sided mat with non-flamable stuffing, between the two products.

It is much more effective when you use both products. The foil mat can be taped together with that aluminum duct tape with the peel off wax paper. It makes a vapor, sound and heat barrier that compliments the Dynamat type material.

I found that Dynamat Extreme can be purches at nearly half off with free shipping with a little searching on-line. The foil blanket material is available from either Aircraft Spruce or Speedway Motors.

My hardtop E-Body sounds like your inside a vault when you close the door. It's the quietest Mopar I've ever been in on the highway.

The way they insulate small airplanes and the way I have done two of my cars is to use a Dynamat type butyl self adhesive product to stop the panel from resonating (you don't have to cover the whole panel, just enough to stop the resonnation of the panel), and then they use a double foil sided mat with non-flamable stuffing, between the two products.

It is much more effective when you use both products. The foil mat can be taped together with that aluminum duct tape with the peel off wax paper. It makes a vapor, sound and heat barrier that compliments the Dynamat type material.

I found that Dynamat Extreme can be purches at nearly half off with free shipping with a little searching on-line. The foil blanket material is available from either Aircraft Spruce or Speedway Motors.

My hardtop E-Body sounds like your inside a vault when you close the door. It's the quietest Mopar I've ever been in on the highway.
Thanks for all the info!!!

I used fatmat rattle trap ***, sells on eBay but good product did my dart in it, floor, firewall, roof, trunk and inside the doors and rear windows, trunk lid and hood. Noticed a difference just sitting in the garage heat down in Cali during summer.

20150207_113746.jpg

-
Back