Heated dog beds.....

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
Who has one and what does your pooch use it?? Red

View attachment IMG_4292 (Medium).jpg

our older Redbone is going to be 12 on New Years Day. He has gotten noticeably stiffer now that winter has set in. He is on a supplement for joint health. Ernie is doing some searching looking for a good deal on one. She has found a few that are not powered, they absorb and reflect his own body heat....can't help but wonder how effective they are.

Talk to your vet about Rimadyl and Cosequin together for the arthritis. It helped one of my old Dalmatians. the combination together for a dog is equivalent to a human taking a vicatin.

Heated bed? Why not just get a large heating pad for it's bed? If you turn the heating pad on, the dog will lay on it. My dog loves heated things....

I have used a large heating pad for years buried underneath a blanket that my cats lay on. They are outdoor in a caged area and they love it. Natural instinct is to lay on something warm when its cold.

You might want to see what Amazon.com offers.
They seem to have everything under the sun,
reasonably priced, free shipping and usually no tax!

Got three, one in each dog house out side for the kids, got them at a farm & fleet store near me, dogs love them. Put flakes of clean straw in there also.

Beds showed up yesterday. Ernie bought 2 of them, they absorb and reflect body heat. She put the bigger one on the bed that Red is pictured on above. He laid down on it, after a half hour or so he got up. I went and checked, sure enough the bed was very warm. When we went to bed last night Red was sound asleep on his new bed. Guess he must have gotten to warm last night as the new bed was balled up on the floor and he was sprawled out on the kids bed, sound asleep. Queenie, our other older dog was asleep on hers when we went to bed and still on it this morning....

They work great.

Whenever I come home late from work without any explanation, Amy plugs mine in so it's nice and toasty for me.

Ok, kinda off topic, but I have a question for those of you with dogs.. My dog is a indoor dog, she is a lab mix.. We kennel trained her and now when its bed time at night she sleeps in her kennel.

We have a dog pillow, pad, what ever you want to call in in the kennel and wash it regularly. However.. It stinks, even after washing! We have read online and tried different things to get the smell out, but no avail.. Curious what you guys do?? If there is anything?

-
Back