heater assembly interchangability?

-

CUDAGUY

aka Prince Valiant
Reaction score
looking at a 66 Valiant parts car for a few things for my wagon (mainly a nice set of doors) and was wondering if the heater assembly will work/fit in a 64 Dart. Anyone know of any differences?

The '66 heater box will physically bolt right in as long as the '66 hasn't got factory A/C. However, the '66 box is set up for control by two slider levers, one of which controls off-heat-defog and the other controls temperature. The '64 has three pull knobs: one controls temperature, one controls heat airflow and the other controls defog airflow. You may have to do some adaptation to make the '66 box work with the '64 control knobs.

As Dan says.....it will interchange but you'll have to use your old control cables. Both use three cables but the '66 gangs two of them together. You'll see what I mean when you start pulling it. Any other good stuff on that '66 you don't want?? :tongue10:

As long as you have the heater out put in some new foam rubber seals. I got mine so tight that I can pull a vacuum with the fan :) and the heater works awesome now.

good to know guys, another thing to put in 'buy it!' pile

Any other good stuff on that '66 you don't want?? :tongue10:

if I get it, heres a list of parts I will be using

for wagon...
all four doors
drivers fender
complete dash
all three grille pieces
front bumper
gas tank if its really nice
windshield ???
carpet if its nice

for dart...
heater assembly
engine
all four brakes
drivers inner fender/battery tray area

the spare tire well will be cut out for patches on all three of my other A-bodies Cuda needs a small patch in the trunk, wagon needs a small patch on the drivers rear floor, and the Dart needs two small patches on the drivers front/rear floors

I was thinking about turning it into a budget built racecar because it would be enough of a car still.....turboed smallblock, widened 13" steelies with slicks, retain the stock Valiant wheelcovers....=P~

-
Back