heater blower motor question

-

cli55er

Tem Greene's Nephew
Reaction score
car was converted to factory a/c. i took the a/c portion off. only left the heater.

can't start the car right now...working on motor. but when i put the key in accessory and push the heat button with the fan switch set to OFF...the blower motor still spins very slowly...enough to feel air coming from the vents. is this normal? shouldnt the blower motor be OFF since the fan switch is OFF.

when i push the OFF button on the a/c controls the blower motor stops completely.

medium and high on the fan switch work fine.

am i missing something??

sounds like you had one fan for both heat and A/C, since the a/c switch is on its still providing power to motor

sounds like it maybe easier to get non A/C heater controls

yes only one blower motor, but i believe that is normal for an a/c and heater box.

one other note.....when i push the a/c or max a/c button the blower motor blows harder. when i push heat or defrost it slow a bit. when i push off...it stops.

with the fan switch in the off position.....and any of the max a/c....a/c....heat....def...buttons pushed it still turns the fan very slow.

this really isn't a big deal...i'll just leave the push button in the off position when air blowing is not needed. i just wondered if it was normal to have blower motor moving when the fan switch is off and one of the buttons was selected.

forgot to add...the control cut out for the dash bezel....it was originally only heater controls...but some point in its life someone hacked it up to fit the a/c controls. its very nice let me tell you.

-
Back