Heater Cheater !

-

pilotsf

Reaction score
Hello guys !
So thanks for the help with my new scamp. New problem! I cant get hot air out of my heater. The a/c blows ICE cubes, I changed the hoses and thermostat , the air motor blows strong. No heat on defrost or heat. The heater core housing feels hot too in the car. Any ideas? I do have some vacum valve in the heater hose in engine bay but I think that's for ac? It closes when ac is on. Please help...

Attachments

• -1.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 461
The valve on the hose allows coolant to flow through the heater core so if the core gets hot then the valve is working. If the whole core is getting hot then it is working and not plugged up and that would point me towards the blend door. When you change between hot and cold there is a door that is activated by either vacuum or a cable. If you look next to the heater core you will see a lever. See if when you switch from cold to hot if you can see the lever move.

The vacumn lines control everything as far as the heater A/C goes. They are what actually opens the doors and directs heat/cold air to the right places.

The blend door is operated by a cable. The lever marked
____WARMER_____> should operate that door.
And even if the water valve is interupting flow, the warmth will migrate to the heater core via the other hose.

The valve on the hose allows coolant to flow through the heater core so if the core gets hot then the valve is working. If the whole core is getting hot then it is working and not plugged up and that would point me towards the blend door. When you change between hot and cold there is a door that is activated by either vacuum or a cable. If you look next to the heater core you will see a lever. See if when you switch from cold to hot if you can see the lever move.

Thanks. The hoses are hot and I can feel heat on the heater box. so hot water is in there. I will check the lever this morning. There is about 6 vacuum lines coming from the switch so I hope its not that. There also is a door that closes (by itself) on passenger side when heat is turned on. should the compressor come on when defrost or heat is activated or just vacuum noise? it sounds like it comes on.
thanks
Dale

The vacumn lines control everything as far as the heater A/C goes. They are what actually opens the doors and directs heat/cold air to the right places.

The blend door is a cable lever. Maybe the end of the cable broke off. the cable moves but I cant see the lever. I will try to check and see. Im stumped

The blend door is operated by a cable. The lever marked
____WARMER_____> should operate that door.
And even if the water valve is interupting flow, the warmth will migrate to the heater core via the other hose.

Is the water valve important ? It moves when I put the ac on but not when the heater is turned on

-
Back