Not open for further replies.

j_anderson

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Contact seller
72 Dart with AC. I am in need of the bracket/bolts that attach/seals the heater core tubes to the firewall. I cant remember if there is an outer piece and inner piece but I need all of it.

Let me know what you've got. As always, thanks

There is really nothing that goes on the outside except the two nuts that pulls the foam seal against that is on on the inside

DSCN1120.JPG

DSCN1121.JPG

DSCN1123.JPG

DSCN1535.JPG

This is a picture of the heater core tube retainer plate.
Detroit Muscle Technologies sells the seals and gaskets in their rebuild kit.

There is really nothing that goes on the outside except the two nuts that pulls the foam seal against that is on on the inside
DSCN1121.JPG

View attachment 1716049212
The ones above on the right are the AC lines. I've got that part

The ones below are the heater core lines. I can see a bolt or screw in the middle of the lines but what do they catch on the other side of the firewall? This is what I'm looking for.

It is just a phillips screw through a plate. There is a foam gasket that goes behind the plate. Nothing on the inside. Same plate as a non AC car. You need the plate and the screw? The foam gasket just fits tight around the tubes to prevent air from going in from the engine compartment. I have the plates if you can't find one local but they are pretty common and come on every a-body car from 67-76

It is just a phillips screw through a plate. There is a foam gasket that goes behind the plate. Nothing on the inside. Same plate as a non AC car. You need the plate and the screw? The foam gasket just fits tight around the tubes to prevent air from going in from the engine compartment. I have the plates if you can't find one local but they are pretty common and come on every a-body car from 67-76
PM'd you

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back