Heater Core inlet/outlet, does it matter?

-

64 SRT8 Dart

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm replacing the heater hoses on my Valiant, right now, and was wondering if it mattered which hoses went on left and right. Does it matter which side the hose from the intake and water pumpmgoes into the heater core? Just making sure before I cut new hoses that the previous owner didn't do things backwards, being he had 3/4 hose clamped to the 5/8 fittings...that's prob what caused the hose failure. He also had just put a new heater core in before I bought it. So, justs dottin my I's and crossing my T's!

Thanks, everyone!

i dont know about the rest of them but the 70's slant cars had two different size nipples (3/4-5/8) pre had 5/8-5/8... if you need to run even size hoses run an earlier core or change the nipple on the motor

Both inlet/outlet tubes on the core are 5/8 as this originally was a /6 car. But just wondering if the water flow mattered coming into and out of the heater core...that's prob what I should've put originally, sorry.:)

its been to long since i had to do my core... dose it have a valve in the core? if it does there will be a cable from the controls... thinking not though...

if it isn't you can run it either way...

IF possible, I like to run flow through a heater from bottom to top, to help force air out.

So the outlet near the stat goes TO the bottom of the heater

The top of the heater goes TO the water pump fitting.

IF possible, I like to run flow through a heater from bottom to top, to help force air out.

So the outlet near the stat goes TO the bottom of the heater

The top of the heater goes TO the water pump fitting.

Thanks 67Dart273, my car is orig a /6 car but now has a 273. My heater core inlet/outlet tubes are side by side though.

My 67 barracuda was born with a 6 it has side by side but 1 was 5/8 the other 3/4 I ran 3/4 hose on both and never experienced any trouble. It now has a 360 and the heater gets used quiteoften.

-
Back