Heater delete firewall plate. Measurements please?

-

Ol'forest

Reaction score
Hi all, anyone able to measure the diameter of a heater delete plate? Looking to make one to factory specs. One thing I have wondered about is has anyone tried using something else to fill the hole, like a Gentle Motors firewall plate? Or even something else that looks semi professional.

What year?
What car?

Just guessing but wouldn't it be the same diameter / basic shape of the heater motor retainer?

Not much help I know!

What year?
What car?

Just guessing but wouldn't it be the same diameter / basic shape of the heater motor retainer?

Not much help I know!
As far as I know they're all the same for US a-bodies 67 to 76 at least, not 100% sure, but they look the same. Just want to know the exact diameter, and if possible the length of the flat side. They appear to be just cut out of a flat sheet with no apparent pressing.

As far as I know they're all the same for US a-bodies 67 to 76 at least, not 100% sure, but they look the same. Just want to know the exact diameter, and if possible the length of the flat side. They appear to be just cut out of a flat sheet with no apparent pressing.

Cant help , but with raise port heads I had to use a hotrod heater inside. I used the orig. retaining plate and made one out of alum. , bad thing is , I forgot to paint it , now cant get it off because of the longer heads .

4 different A firewalls...67-72 and 73-76, ac and non ac.
Made a template for my 72 a.c. firewall. Used 080 aluminum sheet.
But I covered more than just the fan hole.

100_0850 2.JPG

Last edited:
I understand the flat side of the factory heater delete plate was to fit the early a-bodies firewall, but the same plate was used throughout till 76. Someone must have one they can measure the diameter of.
heater-delete-small-jpg.jpg

This one is not a factory one but being black is easy to see.

-
Back