***Heater Delete for 12pt Cage Questions***

-
I am going to try and tie the upper shock tower into the forward bars and possibly do a coil over conversion at the same time. I am not stuck on it as of yet though, we will see what happens.[/QUOTE]

The shock tower can be tied to the snout bar by way of a 2x3 section of square tubing weldedfrom the bar to the tower. This'll prevent flexing if/when the front-end comes up yet provides clearence for a coilover set-up. I did this on my previous car & have seen it on some other cars. The one downside to it (admittedly) is that you'll only be able to seld three sides of the tubing unless youcut stuff up & try to go from above.....

I am going to try and tie the upper shock tower into the forward bars and possibly do a coil over conversion at the same time. I am not stuck on it as of yet though, we will see what happens.

The shock tower can be tied to the snout bar by way of a 2x3 section of square tubing weldedfrom the bar to the tower. This'll prevent flexing if/when the front-end comes up yet provides clearence for a coilover set-up. I did this on my previous car & have seen it on some other cars. The one downside to it (admittedly) is that you'll only be able to seld three sides of the tubing unless youcut stuff up & try to go from above.....[/QUOTE]Weld a piece of plate to the bottom of the tube,might be easier to access for welding.

The shock tower can be tied to the snout bar by way of a 2x3 section of square tubing weldedfrom the bar to the tower. This'll prevent flexing if/when the front-end comes up yet provides clearence for a coilover set-up. I did this on my previous car & have seen it on some other cars. The one downside to it (admittedly) is that you'll only be able to seld three sides of the tubing unless youcut stuff up & try to go from above.....

I will be doing the same thing. you can box in the existing shock tower with a piece of plate and put 2 slits in the forward bar to accept the lower part of the tower, drop it right on the lower part of the existing tower then weld it all up. We were starring at that for quite some time on Sunday.

I wanna see pics. I can't visualize it. But as much time as my front end is going to be airborne it would be a good idea to box it.

-
Back