heater delete

-

72ScampTramp

Scamp Tramp
Reaction score
Ive deleted heat in my scamp. The hole left open from removing the heater box. can i use a driver side fresh air box in its place? Or have have yall done this with race cars?

I've heard of people using the drivers side box by doing some modifications to it, but the results didn't look right (backwards opening door). The originals are pretty hard to find, I'm currently applying soft pressure to a guy that has a heater delete car but so far he won't part it out; he's one of those guys who thinks a rusted out 4 door will bring big $$$.
Heres what a real one looks like...

Attachments

• 10-4-2010 003_1_1.JPG
    149.9 KB · Views: 356
Pauly, I like what you did there mounting the fuse box and ingnition on the inside of the firewall in the center. I'm looking to achieve the same set up. As far as the fresh air box, I plan on making a removable cover with a seal for my car to block it off completely rather then trying to find a heater delete one.

I see what you are talking about. Do you happen to know if the hole on the pass side is the same size as the driver? Not really concerned about looks or door being backwards. Just an effective way of closing off that but still be able to function.

I see what you are talking about. Do you happen to know if the hole on the pass side is the same size as the driver? Not really concerned about looks or door being backwards. Just an effective way of closing off that but still be able to function.

I believe the hole in the cowl is the same size on both sides.

Pauly, I like what you did there mounting the fuse box and ingnition on the inside of the firewall in the center. I'm looking to achieve the same set up. As far as the fresh air box, I plan on making a removable cover with a seal for my car to block it off completely rather then trying to find a heater delete one.

I have since moved the MSD box out to my inner fender, it just didn't work with my interior plans.
before and after...

Attachments

• sept. 30 2010 2294_1_1.JPG
    143.5 KB · Views: 310
  • 0627121741b.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 290
I like your dash, nice, simple, and clean. Fantastic job. :brave:

-
Back