Heater hose routing

-

69swinger340391

Reaction score
I'm putting my 69 Swinger 340 back together, and need some help with a few things. Could some one post a picture of the front of the intake manifold, I need to see the correct routing of the heater hoses and how they are routed around the fuel line.

Also, the small lead off the negative battery cable, how long is it and where does it go. I know the large lead goes to the cylinder head, and my small lead is broken so I am looking for a replacement.

Thank you. This site has always been a great source for information and answers.

I'm putting my 69 Swinger 340 back together, and need some help with a few things. Could some one post a picture of the front of the intake manifold, I need to see the correct routing of the heater hoses and how they are routed around the fuel line.

Also, the small lead off the negative battery cable, how long is it and where does it go. I know the large lead goes to the cylinder head, and my small lead is broken so I am looking for a replacement.

Thank you. This site has always been a great source for information and answers.

yesir nate here, ive got the same problem but with the waterpump, car was origianlly /6, now crate magnum 360. 2 hoses off the water pump, 1 about 1" around and the other about 1/2'' around, believe they go to the heater core on the fire wall, but those hoses are the same size, if not really close.. not sure what to do fellas

The heater hoses are 5/8" and 1/2". The problem your going to most likely have is that your using a later aluminum water pump with the 2 different heater hose sizes and the earlier car having 1 size on the heater core. It should be ok if you use regular hose clamps but stock type spring or corbin clamps may leak.

As for the secondaty ground wire. Put it were ever it reaches. 69 Shouldnt actuallu use one. I think they started them in 70 or 71

IM000251.jpg

IM000251.jpg

IM000251.jpg

I have the same issue with miss matched heater hose size on one hose on the '71. Previous owner simply used a pipe type bushing sliced in line to go from one size to the other and clamped the hoses to it. Not pretty, but works and gives a solid connection.

Cheers

-
Back