Heater line lever?

-

alyak

Reaction score
I have these heater lines that came attached to an la 360 that I was told came out of a 74 duster. The lines have a cap, I am guessing this is some sort of bleeder but I am not positive. They also have this strange fitting that runs between the two of them and has a lever on it. I can not figure out what this is, can someone please help? Thanks in advance.

IMG_9529.jpeg

IMG_9531.jpeg

IMG_9533.jpeg

IMG_9534.jpeg

The prestone cap is used to flush the system.

It is not needed.

The H shaped valve is part of the heating and cooling (was the car originally an AC car?)

It is used to divert hot water from the heater core to keep the inside of the car cooler.

If it is functional and not leaking keep it in the system.

The prestone cap is used to flush the system.

It is not needed.

The H shaped valve is part of the heating and cooling (was the car originally an AC car?)

It is used to divert hot water from the heater core to keep the inside of the car cooler.

If it is functional and not leaking keep it in the system.
Yeah, it was originally an ac car. Thank you for the info!

If the AC is never going to work again you may be able to disable the valve so hot water is circulating through the heater core continuously.

67 to some year heat only did not have a valve and it works fine.

If the AC is never going to work again you may be able to disable the valve so hot water is circulating through the heater core continuously.

67 to some year heat only did not have a valve and it works fine.
If I run it with the valve working, should I just leave it open all the time? Or leave it closed

If I run it with the valve working, should I just leave it open all the time? Or leave it closed

When you leave it open, hot water will circulate through the heater core. When you turn the heater on in your car the fan blows through the heater core to give you heat.

If close it, you won't have heat in your car.

Hope that makes sense, I already had a couple of bourbons.

When you leave it open, hot water will circulate through the heater core. When you turn the heater on in your car the fan blows through the heater core to give you heat.

If close it, you won't have heat in your car.

Hope that makes sense, I already had a couple of bourbons.
Yes it does, thank you for the clarification.

Closed stagnant water in the core. Open circulating water in the core

-
Back