HEDMAN # 78056 jet coat headers

-

stingerdart1972

Reaction score
Hi,
Anyone use the HEDMAN 78056 headers on their Darts ?
If so how is the fit between heads shock towers...

Thanks

Also... Anyone use the FlowMaster 3" Aggressive sound exhaust w/ crossover on their Mopar..
Damn that's got to be ground pounding sound...

Thanks

They are the typical one size fits all crap shoot, crap fitting headers that vary in fit from header to header from every manufacturer. Good luck! LMAO!

I had Hedmans on my 67, it will have Dougs (were on sale) if I live long enough. Part of the tubes go under the steering, which means you have to pay attention, as troubles with engine mounts, etc, can result in "unanticipated" binding and rubbing of the steering linkage. THIS CAN RESULT in a little frantic "activity" on a hard left turn under acceleration!!!!!

Another VERY irritating "feature" of the ones I bought, is that instead of painting them with "cheap high temp" paint, Hedman painted them with "cheap LOW temp" paint.........which you have to REMOVE........so that you can put...........cheap HIGH temp paint on them.

Somehow, this was not made clear to me at the time I ordered them online!!!!

And, I had to dent them up here and there to fit. Clear the steering, and clear the pan rail on the replacement pan, and I've forgotten what else. Torch and a rosebud!!!

I'll order a set of Dougs D453 and one of those small starters ....to make things easier

Thanks for the info

-
Back