Hedman fenderwell header pics

-

496dart

future prostock driver
Reaction score
Mods--this might be a good one to sticky >>>>>

Here are some pics of my car with the new headers . Hedman Hustler fender well headers (VERY nice quality) , RB motor in 70 Dart . Schumacher stock type motor mounts. 727 , no power steering or power brakes.

These pics should answer a lot of questions about clearance . O:)

Attachments

• driver1.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 1,302
  • driver2.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 1,978
  • driver3.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 1,540
  • driver4.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 1,326
more

Attachments

• collector.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 1,111
  • pass5.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 1,136
  • pass4.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 1,665
  • pass2.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 1,102
  • pass1.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 1,103
  • driver5.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 1,106
You see the paint bubbling up ?
Thats Eastwood header paint , $38 a can .
headers were prepped and cleaned twice , followed all their directions, ..eastwood says to run them on your engine for 20 minutes to cure the paint.

I ran it for 4 minutes today and you see the results.

If you arent using a motor plate , you will have to "clearance" the areas around the shock towers . I used a BFH and just touched up the paint (this aint no show car)

Post some pics of the mounts when you do it -- definitely a great idea ! I had that problem with ALL the Hooker headers i had --they all cracked open every other week . The Hedmans seem to be MUCH higher quality than the Hooker.

Is that the Hedman coating ? Has any of your blue paint burned off?

I just touched up all the burned areas in my pics, but the Hookers burned the **** out of all my nice orange paint

I haven,t had any burned paint with these being coated $$$$,you can actually work on the engine after about 10mins after a pass.I can also hold my hand about 3-4 inches from them after shutting down.The coating works amazing and no discolouring so far(after 1 year)

-
Back