Hedman Husler Fenderwell exit headers - Clearance for front tires

-

a70duster

Reaction score
Hello all, I've combed through the internet and I'm finding very few pics. Is there anyone running these type of headers? This is for a Duster with a B block. It is a drag car that might go back to being a street car.

How is the front wheel clearance?

Hedman.jpg

I do NOT have those headers, but I do have a car with one tube thru the inner fender, (each side) and one car with custom fenderwell headers very similar to those.
26"tall is pretty close to maximum. My fenderwell car is running 25s (165x15 on 4" rim)
I can run 28" tall on the car with one tube.... but it WILL rub at full lock.

I have to run a pretty short tire to steer well with my hooker fenderwells.

in my opinion the Headman version is nicer that the Hooker. a little more tire clearance and was easier to tuck the exhaust up on my car. I was running a RB with Indy heads and bought the set for raised ports. Ran a pretty short tire up to have as much clearance as I could.

I do NOT have those headers, but I do have a car with one tube thru the inner fender, (each side) and one car with custom fenderwell headers very similar to those.
26"tall is pretty close to maximum. My fenderwell car is running 25s (165x15 on 4" rim)
I can run 28" tall on the car with one tube.... but it WILL rub at full lock.
Which header with one tube through the fenderwell? KInd of what I have been looking for.Does it work with power steering with a RB block?

The old Pro Power (?) headers used a tube thru the inner fender. I can't remember the name of them for sure, and they disappeared for a few years. I believe the guy that runs Chrysler Power has brought them back. You might check with them. I do NOT know if they'll work with power steering, I suspect not.
Mine that have one tube thru are ancient hooker adjustables for a big block in an early b-body. I think the hookers for the swap used a tube thru the inner fender too.
To be honest, I think if you want to retain ps with a big block a-body swap, schumaker tri-y's or full fenderwells are your best bet.

The old Pro Power (?) headers used a tube thru the inner fender. I can't remember the name of them for sure, and they disappeared for a few years. I believe the guy that runs Chrysler Power has brought them back. You might check with them. I do NOT know if they'll work with power steering, I suspect not.
Mine that have one tube thru are ancient hooker adjustables for a big block in an early b-body. I think the hookers for the swap used a tube thru the inner fender too.
To be honest, I think if you want to retain ps with a big block a-body swap, schumaker tri-y's or full fenderwells are your best bet.
Pro Parts, I have them on my car.

Not my pic...

20170712_203623a.jpg

I’m having a problem today connecting to some websites. I think these guys, who sell ProParts headers are still in biz.
If the link doesn’t work or there out of biz, please make a post saying so.
https://bobmazzoliniracing.com/

Thanks! I don’t know what was up with that link, just had some problems finding whaat you found. That’s what I was looking for.
Thanks!

Hello all, I've combed through the internet and I'm finding very few pics. Is there anyone running these type of headers? This is for a Duster with a B block. It is a drag car that might go back to being a street car.

How is the front wheel clearance?

View attachment 1716104706
It's better than hookers but you need to verify that those will work with your heads , some of them say they only work with Indy 440-1 heads or equivalent

-
Back