HEI Conversion questions

-
heres is the designed2drive bracket, napa module and mallory coil.. this is the set up i bought but havent installed yet..

DSCN6674.jpg

module bolts to it like this...

DSCN6675.jpg

mounts tot eh dist. like this...

Dist_Side_Wires.JPG

Very neat that bracket.Never seen one of them.
Your module is the Chev IM113 style.
Heard they're better than what I use but I haven't tried them yet.

yes the designed2drive only mounts the module.. some like it some don't. i bought one because i like the way it hides the module under the dist. keeps it off the fenderwell and puts it up and out of the way.

http://www.designed2drive.com/

Thanks, Joe. Yeah, I've found that page before. For some reason when I Gargoyled it it didn't come up

I decided not to use it --too tough for these old fingers to change a module (IF) while upside down, hot engine, etc.

I have thought of making my own to mount the module on the side of the dist. Not as "pretty" maybe, but still fairly compact.

Someone had converted my car to Mopar ECU, and mounted the module over on a flat spot under the wiper motor, so there was already a useable screw hole.

I decided not to use it --too tough for these old fingers to change a module (IF) while upside down, hot engine, etc.

i'll just pull the dist where ever i am. always have the timing light in my tool box in the trunk.. :)

Very neat that bracket.Never seen one of them.
Your module is the Chev IM113 style.
Heard they're better than what I use but I haven't tried them yet.

bought that one by accident..lol. really didn't need it the regular one would have been fine.

For interest's sake,the module in my challenger I mounted under a hollowed out orange box to keep a sort of original look to the engine bay.
Drilled a hole in the orange casing,fitted a grommet and ran the wires through there.
It takes a moparman to spot "something's not quite right there"
GM and Ford blokes have no idea.
In more ways than one LOL.

-
Back