Height of standard volume oil pump rotors

-

Duane

Reaction score
Does anyone know the measured height of the standard volume oil pump rotors by chance.
I have a melling high volume pump here and an unknown pump with a deep rotor cover.
Trying figure out what this deep rotor pump is volume wise.

Duane

my 1967 factory service manual. shows 273-318. inner rotor if less than .998 replace. my guess tis size will cover many years. 383-440 inner rotor if less than .942 replace it. 426 hemi .942

my 1967 factory service manual. shows 273-318. inner rotor if less than .998 replace. my guess tis size will cover many years. 383-440 inner rotor if less than .942 replace it. 426 hemi .942

So a small block had a taller rotor than a big block. Interesting.
Thanks

Duane

You said you had one with a deep rotor cover. Years ago I think it was Milodon made a kit to make your pump a high volume model. It included a set of taller rotors and a cover that was thicker and was recessed for the taller rotor. I know I had one back in the late 70's.

You said you had one with a deep rotor cover. Years ago I think it was Milodon made a kit to make your pump a high volume model. It included a set of taller rotors and a cover that was thicker and was recessed for the taller rotor. I know I had one back in the late 70's.

Yes this is exactly what I have. The pump is in great shape. Just trying to decide whether to use it or not. It appears to have more volume than a standard volume pump , but less than the currently available high volume pump.
And thoughts appreciated.

Duane

Small block oil pump rotors measure .825 . The big block rotors measure .942 . the recessed pump cover was to install the big block rotors in a small block oil pump.

Small block oil pump rotors measure .825 . The big block rotors measure .942 . the recessed pump cover was to install the big block rotors in a small block oil pump.

..................u got er............as many ppl did back in the day...........kim.............

-
Back