Hellcat "amv" charge

-

71340Duster

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Was on a Dodge lot yesterday looking at Challengers for the wife and saw this added "feature" to the sticker of a Hellcat.....WOW!! I thought I'd have some fun so asked the young salesman what that was.....what do you get for that? He started by spouting off the old "tint" throughout the car, clear coat blah blah blah, so I just said "That's supply and demand right?"
He said yeah, Adjusted Market Value. It's the "because we can" mark up on this car, they'll probably get it in Kirkland too but I wouldn't pay it!!!

Attachments

• IMAG00927.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 289
  • IMAG00929.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 288
they would have to pay me ! to be able to buy it, and pay the sales tax, property tax, and insurance, eve n gas ! cheap as it is!! ha

I would reply with a "GFY".... :D

Go F*ck Yourself.... :finga:

Then spin the tires in our Shelby while leaving.... :burnout:

Was on a Dodge lot yesterday looking at Challengers for the wife and saw this added "feature" to the sticker of a Hellcat.....WOW!! I thought I'd have some fun so asked the young salesman what that was.....what do you get for that? He started by spouting off the old "tint" throughout the car, clear coat blah blah blah, so I just said "That's supply and demand right?"
He said yeah, Adjusted Market Value. It's the "because we can" mark up on this car, they'll probably get it in Kirkland too but I wouldn't pay it!!!

The problem is stupid people will pay that price

Mopar has stated if a dealer marks these cars up like that, they would not get anymore. Got my 2015 for 67k out the door, but my brother helped me get the price that low. Dealer loves him. all new truck leases every three tears. about 10 trucks, all mopar.

Well, went to yet another dealer looking at Challengers with the wife (this time), this dealer wasn't quite as crazy, but he was still crazy with their mark up.

Attachments

• IMAG00955.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 234
It "might just be" that if you added up the cost of all the vehicles I've ever owned, they would not total up to the price of one Hellcat

Wow! I test drove a SRT about 8 years ago - told them I really didn't want to buy that, but asked for price on the 5.7 hemi car - the sales manager came over to try to sell me the SRT - then takes the paper with price on it and writes "A.D.P. $2,500" under the MSRP - I looked up at him and said, "#*$& you. I'm not paying ADP."

Can't imagine the ADP getting renamed AMV and going up by 10x - I'd have to figure out what's 10x "#*$& you"...

I told all of yall this would happen and yall bulldozed me into the ground. No surprise to me.

Wow.
Not surprising. Hellcats along with scatpaks have been marked up at least 20% locally since introduced
Think if i had that type of coin to sink into mopars would stock up on about 15 more nice early-a bodies.LOL

Oldschoolcuda

Same thing happened when the Viper came out...

As well as the Prowler, but us old guys don't know ****.

And when the GT500 hit the street back in '08. Worked for a local Ford dealership who marked theirs up $20k. And the owner's kid found a happy medium. Some were marking up $15k, some were marking up $25k.

It's not just a Chrysler dealership issue.

Mopar has stated if a dealer marks these cars up like that, they would not get anymore. Got my 2015 for 67k out the door, but my brother helped me get the price that low. Dealer loves him. all new truck leases every three tears. about 10 trucks, all mopar.

Give me a break! i believe that most dealers can make the window sticker say anything they want it to with the stroke of a keyboard. And if the dealer has paid for the car, they could care less what he charges for it.

I could never afford a Hell Cat, but anytime I walk on a lot, I ask up front, if there is a processing fee or add ons. If they say "yes", I say. "I refuse to pay them, and if you don't drop them, I'm out of here. Sometimes they take them off immediately, and sometimes I leave.

And when the GT500 hit the street back in '08. Worked for a local Ford dealership who marked theirs up $20k. And the owner's kid found a happy medium. Some were marking up $15k, some were marking up $25k.

It's not just a Chrysler dealership issue.

When we were looking for ours, most local dealerships wanted $5 k over sticker price for a GT500 out of dealer stock. If you ordered it, you could get it at sticker price....

2011 was the first year of the aluminum block and no gas guzzler tax....

Funny though, they were holding firm on the price of the 09 GT500KR in stock, but when we told them that we wanted to special order, they took $7 k off the price and offered it to us. We declined and went with new for sticker price...

Might be kind of the same thing but we used to have a Marine sales in town that sold Bayliner. They did this for years but then their inventory was suddenly hauled away. Don't know for sure, but heard that this happened because they were marking the boats up way too much.

My wifes brother in law is getting us something called a CDI, or something like that, it's an employee price guarantee that can be transferred, supposed to be 1% above or below cost. Has anyone heard of this Dodge program? We've sent her sister the car and options we want and are waiting on both this number and the price we should get it for. I'm curious how much lower it will be than our credit unions car buying service price, about 3k under MSRP.

-
Back