Hello, 1965 Barracuda, first project

-

Sparky_91

Reaction score
First big project like this. Any pointers are appreciated. Thanks

IMG_1107.jpeg

Put a Barracuda grille and fenders on the old girl. She looks like she has good bones. We love these gen 1 cars. They are vastly underrated. I have a Chevy nut for a neighbor with a SS Camaro that was always dogging the old Barracuda. I took him for a nice country cruise and the first thing out of his mouth was "Wow this thing rides better than my SS" Look that one over real close. There is a reason it has Valiant parts on it. Is the driver's fender a Valiant fender as well? It doesn't have to be a bad thing that these parts are on a Barracuda. I have seen Valiant owners do exactly the opposite and put Barracuda parts on their Valiants. Look under the front fenders if both sides are Valiant and check inner splash panels etc for damage. Either way it's a cool ride....WELCOME

Last edited:
That would make a great cruiser :) What motor? what kinda shape is it in? being nevada i'm guessing no rust and i hate you :)

It has the 273 v8 in it. It’s in decent shape for its age. Some rust in the typical areas. Seats need reupholstered, too many years cooking in the sun. It ran when I got it but I started redoing the wiring harness as it was in pretty rough shape with a lot of the wiring starting to crack.

It has the 273 v8 in it. It’s in decent shape for its age. Some rust in the typical areas. Seats need reupholstered, too many years cooking in the sun. It ran when I got it but I started redoing the wiring harness as it was in pretty rough shape with a lot of the wiring starting to crack.
Very cool.. and it's nice that you can buy most of the parts for that car still..

-
Back