Hello A Bodies!

-

Speedfreak

Reaction score
Hello all, so I just sold my first Mopar, a 1967 Dodge coronet 4 door Deluxe with the 225ci slant To my Dad, so I could buy this little 1972 Plymouth Scamp! I saw it and fell in love couldn't pass it up! I pick it up next week I paid $1400! not bad, its a solid car, only bondo I could find was a tiny spot near where the bumper is dented, quarters where welded new metal by the looks of it but passed the magnet test! the 225ci slant needs a distributor to run and there's some rust around the rear wheel skirts but my plan is a 440 Hemi swap with mini tub! what does everyone think ? :D

View attachment 33255787_614.jpg
View attachment 33255829_614.jpg
View attachment 33255802_614.jpg
View attachment 33255841_614.jpg
View attachment 33255843_614.jpg

Welcome nice score. May want to rethink your 440 hemi choice as they are extremely rare and very very very costly to find LOL. Good luck with your build.

The standard bore 400 Mopar is also a big block. Just for the record unless you are thinking Gen 3 Hemi's the displacements on the others were 354,392, and the 426.

Thank you ! how did you know I'm from the Island ? haha
I could tell you, but then I'd....oh, what the h*ll...I googled your postal code.....Ladysmith, right?....Victoria here. Glad to have another Canuck aboard. You're not far from "70DartMike".

As far as engine, have you considered a stroker small block? 408ci from a 360 is fairly common stroker....comes in a kit. There was a 426 small block available from Mancini.

Thanks everyone! I could not pass this car up when I saw the 1500$ price tag, he only budge 100$ for my tow fee but still a decent price!

Welcome aboard this great site :cheers:
It is full of great tech's and helpful folks to see all of us
get threw our trying time :thumblef: Lot's of times I need there help figuring something out, just ask :D
You picked a great ride and for a super price :thumblef:

Jump on in and enjoy

I could tell you, but then I'd....oh, what the h*ll...I googled your postal code.....Ladysmith, right?....Victoria here. Glad to have another Canuck aboard. You're not far from "70DartMike".

As far as engine, have you considered a stroker small block? 408ci from a 360 is fairly common stroker....comes in a kit. There was a 426 small block available from Mancini.

Ah you are correct! and a bit 007 there haha. DartMike is nearby I have chatted with him, you are about the same distance. Hope to see you at some shows and cruises!

For a second I thought you had bought this one from the Courtenay/Comox area for $4600..

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=244544

32827015_934.jpg

32827022_934.jpg

32827035_934.jpg

32827038_934.jpg

32827041_934.jpg

Ah you are correct! and a bit 007 there haha. DartMike is nearby I have chatted with him, you are about the same distance. Hope to see you at some shows and cruises!

Yessir! Shame Parksville Chrysler stopped doing their show'n'shine....I enjoyed that show!

Hells yea it is. It's on UsedNanaimo, but its super clean. I've bought some pretty good junk for about that price before.

Yeah that's a very nice little untouched car by the looks of things. out of my budget at the moment haha I bought this car on a whim cause the price and me and my dad just happened to make a deal. I don't even know where to put it :dontknow:

-
Back