hello all arizona here

-

paulz340dart

Reaction score
As you might of guessed my name is Paul,I have a 69 dart swinger, it has Dr.Diff axles,73 dart front disc brakes,Magnum 500s, just painted, new interior, motor and transmission gone through,starting to come together and looking pretty good. Car originaly came from Md. through Florida on to az. with me in 1981. I had owned it for 10 days at that time and it made the trip without incident! I drove it in az and cruised central ave. and main st. mesa az. after 8 years parked it.Under cover on concrete from 1988 until 2008 when Ilost my place to store it.I then had it stored down in Safford az until last year,when I brought it back up to mesa and began bringing it back from the dead,you better love your car that you are restoring cause it is frustrating and very expensive!! I was fortunate because my car had almost no rust on it and no accidents, but the mice down in Safford really tore up the interior, but curiously not the wiring. Anyways I do have some questions but not here, as I understand it this is not the place. I am 57 y/o, right before we went and got the dart back from Safford I had a heart attack,3 months later had quadruple by-pass. Figured better get the dart done!!!!!

Welcome to FABO from just a little ways north and west of you - and glad to hear you're through with the heart issues and can focus on your Dart!

Welcome to FABO.

Glad that you pulled through the heart attack...

You can buy new interior seat covers and seat foams to fix your interior. Don't worry, it can be fixed...

Welcome aboard, Glad you pulled threw

Thank you all for the well wishes, the Dart is pretty far along now. It has a story for almost every step that it has gone through up till now. But it has seemed like one step forward and two steps backwards. But it is just the way it goes when attempting to put a 46 y/o car back into as close to the condition it was in about 1972.I am really pleased with how it has turned out. I know pictures would be great but I cant seem to figure out how to post them here. If someone can tell me the secret to that I will gladly post them.:???:

Got the teenager across the street to help me with the pict.s I hope they turn out good enough,if you guys want anything more explicit,just let me know.

Attachments

• IMG_1545.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_1546.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_1550.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_1577.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_1578.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_1579.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_1580.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_1582.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_1583.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_1588.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 93
Welcome ,take care of yourself ,man . Love the color ,on your Dart.

Hope everyone enjoys the pict.s, thank you all for the well wishes, it has been awhile since they did all the work on me, and feel pretty good these days!!!! Hope I can help a few people along the road here.

-
Back