Hello all...first time mopar owner (65 Barracuda)

-

buzzkill71

Reaction score
Hello all.
My name is Monte and I live in Atlanta, GA. I'm 40 years old and just gave up my daily driver for my first Mopar. No regrets what so ever. Good news is wife is coming around on the car as well. Joined my local MOPAR club and gonna show my baby off...she is almost completely restored (few minor things) but has been hidden in the previous owner's garage for 17 years. Nice to meet everyone and so far everyone has been courteous and extremely helpful.

Gave up my daily driver (2007 HHR) for a 1965 Plymouth Barracuda. I'm all in on this car and honestly love the whole experience. Grew up in the mid-west around big time muscle cars. Mom had a 61 Corvette, dad had 67,68 Chevelle super sport convertibles, uncle had 56,57,and 58 Chevy hot rods. In my early days you name it we owned one...72 Gran Torino, 74 Malibu, Gremlin, Pacer, 78 Monte Carlo. These cars have always been in my blood and I have wanted to get back into them again for a long time. My first three cars were 78 Camaro, 78 Olds Cutlass Supreme, and a 79 Cadillac Coupe De Ville. Looking forward to interacting with all of you

My pics are too big to post so here is a link to the pics I have so far:
https://picasaweb.google.com/117216...ymouthBarracuda?authkey=Gv1sRgCOjY__PwwZGR4QE#
looking forward to a lot of good interaction with all of you and helping keep the classic car hobby alive. I am totally hooked and all in.
:hello2:

Hey Monte! Welcome to FABO from SoCal. You're going to have fun here.
Nice clean early fish you've got. So, is it your daily driver now?
Your pics can be posted if you re-size down a bit.

Hey Monte! Welcome to FABO from SoCal. You're going to have fun here.
Nice clean early fish you've got. So, is it your daily driver now?
Your pics can be posted if you re-size down a bit.

Well thankfully the wife and I work together so we are driving her car every day. The cuda is just for fun and weekends. I want to try and keep this car looking just like it does now as much as possible. Good news is the motor/tranny are both on complete resto/rebuilds and have less than 1000 miles on them so I pretty much got a new car. Just a few missing pieces to complete her and working on that already. I give the guy credit he did an excellent job on the interior only thing with flaws are the door panels but they are the orginal ones in the car.

interesting choice of wheels
a couple pics of yours for all to see

Attachments

• bk1.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 99
  • bk2.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 114
  • bk3.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 97
  • bk4.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 120
interesting choice of wheels

Thank you for shrinking them down...hadn't figured out how to do that. Those are the wheels that were on it when I got her. The baby moons are nice looking and give the car a little bit of a "tough" look. Ideally will look for original style ralleys as well...maybe once the tires on the current ones are ready to be replaced. :D

rally's are not quite original as the didn't get introduced until 69-70 I think
but they are my favorite on first generation barracudas as you can see!

Attachments

• fall 2010 023.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 101
rally's are not quite original as the didn't get introduced until 69-70 I think
but they are my favorite on first generation barracudas as you can see!

Oh defnitely like the gold on yours...Old Gold is my football team's uniform color. My cuda is actually the color of my worst rivals UGA.
:cheers:

when I was a kid my grandmother had a gold 66 that I dreamed of owning
unfortunately it was totaled before I could get it
all these years later I had to replace it

when I was a kid my grandmother had a gold 66 that I dreamed of owning
unfortunately it was totaled before I could get it
all these years later I had to replace it

Still getting used to every where I go it takes 30 minutes longer than expected because of all the interest in the car. Where I live I am not sure if there is anyone else even near me that has one and most people have no idea what kind of car it is. This leads to lots of parking lot conversations and viewing of the car.

Welcome! Nice car. I like those crome wheels. Something a little different than what you normally see. Plus the "chromies" were pretty common back in the day when people first put custom wheels on them. Looks good!!

Welcome to fabo nice cuda enjoy it. i like the ralleys too

Attachments

• 2010_0131_102826.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 94
Welcome. Your cuda looks good. Love the red interior.

Attachments

• P7110053.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 77
-
Back