hello everyone new guy with a 72 dart

-
Welcome from Colorado:coffee2: Enjoy the site and post up your questions!

Dave,

welcome to the site from ct. let me know if i can help you with anything.

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 124
  • 022.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 136
Welcome!

It's nice to see more young people on the forum. Building a car while young is really rewarding. I've been working on mine since I turned 16; I've painted it, swapped the 225 for a 318 I built, and built a 340 to replace the 318 and done a lot of other stuff too..and I'm 20 now. This forum is a great place to ask questions, so if you need to know anything just ask and you'll get it answered.

As for the pictures... go to "go advanced", click on the paper clip to attach a file, click "choose file" and select what you want to upload, then click upload. Then close that window. On mobile I have only been able to upload one picture at a time, anything more and it deletes the previous picture. I also preview the post to make sure the picture uploaded. So yeah, that's pretty much how you do that. It works on my iPhone, don't know what you've got but it should work similar.

Once again, welcome! :cheers:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 103
Well right now it's a 225 slant six which after this winter I will have about 10,000 to start doing the car I have a 71 383 hp, I'm looking at 440 sources 496 stroker combo with ultralight crank with -20.00cc dish piston to get the compression around 10.5 to 1. And I will be buying 440 sources stealth heads...heard good things about them! Lol I'm in need of a tranny rebuild, k frame, headers, carb, intake, msd, mini tubs and a 8 3/4 housing and gears set also need a cam selection which I have not decided where I want to make my power

With that stroker it is really hard to over cam it unless you get dog nuts on duration. You don't need to wind it to make power and tons of torque. The comp cams grind they recommend is a good choice.

Welcome to our humble site, glad to have you with us!! You picked a great car for your first project, looking forward to seeing where it takes you!! Enjoy all the great things Mopar ownership has to offer!!

-
Back