Hello everyone!!

-

Romesfinest

Reaction score
My father and I have been wanting to start a project with either a 1970-73 Satellite/road runner, or a 1970-1974 barracuda. Saw these forms online, and thought it would be a great place to look at cars and getting an estimation on how much we will need $wise. I've been saving up money for about 8 years now, and have 15k saved up for the initial car. I know its not alot, but with Tuition going up in southern california schools, I have been putting less and less in my savings.

Either way, I will be seeing you guys around!:D

My father and I have been wanting to start a project with either a 1970-73 Satellite/road runner, or a 1970-1974 barracuda. Saw these forms online, and thought it would be a great place to look at cars and getting an estimation on how much we will need $wise. I've been saving up money for about 8 years now, and have 15k saved up for the initial car. I know its not alot, but with Tuition going up in southern california schools, I have been putting less and less in my savings.

Either way, I will be seeing you guys around!:D

Welcome with that much saved up read all you can and decide what A body you would like for 15K you can get a really nice one already done.

Welcome. You'll find the folks here to be hugely helpful and knowledgable...and a bit crazy at times.

Like Cliff said, with the $ you've saved, you'll be able to find/build a very nice ride.

Pat

Welcome And for 15k you can get a real sweet deal here some of the members sell some real sweet ride.Good luck

Hey Romesfinest -

Welcome to FABO from another SoCal member. You're going to have fun here.
Lots of great people to both help you find your project and help with information once you've found it.
Don't forget about A-bodies in your project search. You'll find them generally less expensive to acquire and more fun when they're done!
PM sent.
Again, welcome to FABO.

Welcome to FABO Romesfinest!

You will enjoy this site. Great people and information.

I agree that with 15K you can buy a really nice A Body. I spent a long time (about 3 years ) studying the market looking for a good car at a value price. They are out there. My advice is be patent and do not be afraid to travel across country to get the right car. I have bought 3 Mopars the last three years and they all came from a long way from home. It was worth the extra expense and effort to get good cars at a good price. My strategy has been to find cars that someone else has restored almost completly. Because they are not completly done, you can often get them for way less than the amount they have put into the car. Believe me that there will be plenty you can do to most "restored" cars to improve them.

Anyway, I bought the cars more to drive, then to spend hours working on them in my garage. You just have to decide which part of owning a car is most important. Some of my friends bought the car to just work on. When they are finished they, drive for a little while and the sell them. Then they start looking for the next peoject. Each to their own

Enjoy the site!

Ma Snart

My 67 Cuda for your viewing pleasure - More photos in my gallery

Attachments

• DSC06818.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 38
-
Back