hello everyone

-

eriks0829

Reaction score
Hi, I bought a 65 barracuda a few months back that has been parked in my garage since the purchase. I decided the other day to decode the vin and fender tag just because i like to research every car i build. While going through these numbers, i was pretty exited to find out that i may just have (what i have been told) is a rare car. It is a 1965 barracuda has the 273v8 in it with the 4 barrel carb , brake booster, ect. Black exterior and red interior. The date code shows it being built october 27 1964 and the sequence number is 00069. Seems like the car has everything as a Formula S would have exept the tach. Was this some kind of test car? I cant find info on a barracuda with the 235hp motor in it without it being a "S" car. Can anyone help?

Thank you
Erik

Thanks Cliff, this is my first Mopar and i am exited to take on this project. Looking to get all the info i can and possibly help finding the parts i need.

Welcome aboard from the mitten state! Hopefully, one of our Barracuda masterminds will chime in with an answer for you.

welcome from sunny FL Are you sure its not a S some of the 1ST gen Barracudas were hard to tell even in the codes

Welcome! You should be able to find all your answers here. I dont know the answer to that question but someone will. Just give it a little time.

Welcome to FABO Eriks0829!

You will enjoy this site - There are lots of great people and information

Like to see some pictures of your car - We love pictures!

Enjoy the site!

Ma Snart

My 67 Cuda for your viewing pleasure - more pictures in my gallery

Attachments

• Shop Driver Side View.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 81
First off, welcome to the great state of FABO!!! Now, in 65 you could order any of the Formula "S" options seperately and make yourself a true sleeper with all the goodies but none of the badging. Check things like the diameter of the torsion bars, they should be the same as the 892 and 893 340 bars if it's a Formula S. Also, does it have a front sway bar?? Another Formula "S" standard piece. The Formula "S" was mainly a handling package with upgraded suspension equipment and badging, so a lot of the Formula "S" stuff like the HD leaf springs and torsion bars could also be had as an option on non "S" cars.

Get the ditto on the Formula "S" package and check everything on your car against the list and see how much stuff you have thats on the list!! Seems you're a numbers guy so it should be fun to research this car. Report back with your findings, it will make a great follow along!! Welcome again, Geof

-
Back