Hello Everyone!!!!

-

OlRustyCrank

Reaction score
It all started when I was 15 and I ran across a 1973 340 3spd in a barn for $400. The year was 1989 and gas was .89 a gallon. I got rid of it 4yrs, 1 engine rebuild, 4 clutches, 1 TF 904 and 5 flex plates later. I loved it even though it seemed like I was pulling the transmission every month but it seemed like a moneypit at the time when minimum wage was 3.25 an hour. Since then Ive had a couple Darts (1 with nonmatching 340 engine, which I kept) 68 and69 models. Also 1 Demon with a HONKING 318, and Fury 383. Now 21yrs later, the bug has bit again. I pulled the disassembled 340eng(71 model) from the chicken pen and began the rust removal with electrolosis. It worked very well but it did give me a very unique username. Now Ive been lurking in the shadows for awhile here going through the learning curve and trying to get up to date on new technology. Now in closing of my hello post, today I pulled the trigger on a 1974 Dart 2dr with a /6 which the previous owner wants the engine back. It has the best body that I have seen and everything works on it.Ill post pics when I get some good ones to share. I look forward to sharing with everyone here the progress of this project. Itll be slow but progress is progress!!!!!

Welcome to FABO. Sounds like you've had your share of the Mopar addiction in your life. Funny how it can re-emerge at anytime!

Ive gotten the Dart running but im gonna have to get a battery. Once I do that and clean it up Ill post some pics. By the way my names Tim and Im in upstate SC.

Welcome, Old Rusty! (inventive FABO name) See you in the threads. Chat is good for conversations,check it out.Good members there...

-
Back